An opportunity exists for a distinctive and experienced leader to assume the role of Principal of Iona Presentation College, Perth commencing Term 1, 2021.
Founded in 1907 by the Presentation Sisters and imbued with the Nagle tradition, Iona Presentation College is located in Mosman Park, Perth.
The College has grown to become a multi-campus school of some 1200 students, co-educational from Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6, and all-girls from Years 7 to 12.
The College provides an inclusive Catholic learning environment enriched by the Presentation ethos, an abiding tradition of service and a commitment to social justice.
Catholic Education Western Australia seeks a contemporary, innovative, visionary and dynamic leader who demonstrates a lived faith, displays a compassionate, inclusive and supportive disposition and for whom the wellbeing of students and staff is paramount.
The appointee will be able to:
- Understand, respect, support and live the values of Catholic education in the context of the culture and history of Iona Presentation College and its Presentation charism
- Demonstrate an excellent track record as a Principal with leadership experience in a senior school context
- Show a sound understanding of the opportunities, benefits, challenges and complexities of a Pre-K to 12 context and the nuances of an all-girls senior school education
- Pronounce a compelling strategic vision for continuing the College’s innovative educational journey into the future for learners and teachers, while honouring the past
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills of communication and team building that personify true leadership
- Display a high level of engagement in Catholic education with a keen sense of innovation in the changing educational environment at all levels.
- Maximise staff capabilities to deliver quality education outcomes for students
- Demonstrate the business acumen required to successfully manage finances, risk, facilities and human resources
- Understand the context in which Iona Presentation College operates, as a highly efficient, mid-fee paying Catholic school that provides an excellent quality education that compares favourably to higher-fee paying alternatives
- Manage the pastoral care and wellbeing aspects of students and staff in a genuine, inclusive and compassionate manner and advocate for their needs
- Empower students, staff, parents and the wider Iona community to engage actively with the College through effective relationships
- Navigate the complexities of a Capital Development Plan and understand the important role it plays in innovation and excellence in teaching and learning
- Continue to develop an ongoing culture of service and commitment to social justice
- Create an environment where students leave the College ready for the opportunities that post-secondary education present and confident in a defined set of values and a moral compass that was instilled by their Iona experience
For more information, or to apply for this position, visit www.cewa.edu.au/principalships and select 'Principal' from the job search categories.
Applications Close : 16th July , 2020