St Carthage’s Community Care offers support for children, young people and adults with disabilities, people with dementia and older people.
Participating fully in community life is our daily goal for our clients.
We aim to eliminate the three plagues of loneliness, helplessness and boredom by offering opportunities to enhance people’s sense of belonging and well-being.
At the core of St Carthage's Community Care services is the belief that each person has invaluable worth, is to be treated with respect and dignity and that the close and continuous relationships with other people in the community provides the young and old with a pathway to a life worth living.
The work of the organisation endeavours to demonstrate the care and compassion we have for one another as we strive to live our lives in a meaningful way.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership and support to a team of Support Planners and Community Care Workers to ensure the delivery of high quality and person-centred services for our clients, their carers and families.
You will support and influence team culture, ensure the Aged Care Quality Standards are met and manage a case load of clients. You will work collaboratively with others inside and outside the organisation and be looking for ways to continually make improvements to our services.
As well as a desire and passion to help others in the community, we are looking for someone who:
- has experience in a Team Leader or other supervisory role within the community services sector and relevant qualifications
- is a good communicator and can build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- has a sound knowledge of the Aged Care Quality Standards, Home Care Packages and Commonwealth Home Support Programs
- understands the principles of social justice and equity, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Work Health and Safety (WH&S) requirements relevant to the role
- is computer literate in a Windows environment.
Applications must include a Cover Letter and Resume.
Your Cover Letter must address each of the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Applications close Friday 2 October 2020 and are to be sent to [email protected]
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Preferred candidates will be required to have a National Police Check and Working with Children Check clearance and appointment will be subject to satisfactory check outcomes.