- Support work to transform lives through education in marginalised communities
- Suits candidates looking to build a career in fundraising or international aid
- Flexible working arrangements, part time or full time
Australian Marist Solidarity (AMS) is the not for profit international agency for the aid and development work of the Marist Province of Australia throughout Asia and the Pacific Islands.
AMS supports education and community development activities, working with the people in the Asia/Pacific region to empower children and young people to reach their brightest potential through formal education pathways, learning centres, skills and vocational training.
In 2019, AMS provided support to over 14,000 children and young people through 64 projects in 19 countries.
Benefits & Culture
- A highly flexible, supportive, values driven work environment
- Professional development support and career growth opportunities
- Attractive salary packaging benefits
- Additional paid leave over Christmas and New Year
- Lovely Ashgrove based office with free onsite parking
In this newly created position you will work within a small, passionate and committed team as the coordination point for AMS’s general fundraising activities including appeals, regular giving, bequests and community events.
You will also be responsible for coordinating and writing grants proposals and you’ll have the opportunity to work with and assist the CEO with the implementation of a fundraising strategy for the organisation.
You’re highly organised, self-motivated and results driven, with experience from either a fundraising/sponsorship, project management or marketing/communications related role. You have a passion for social justice and you bring excellent communication and relational skills together with:
- Creativity, resourcefulness, adaptability
- Project delivery skills, working with a variety of stakeholders
- Well-developed writing and editing and ability to generate engaging written content
- An understanding of campaigns, community engagement and events
- Ability to work well in a team but also independently
- The ability to work within a faith based, Christian ethos environment
If you’re motivated to support education opportunities for young people within developing communities, please send your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above to [email protected]. If you have specific questions, please call Louise Furlong on 07 5530 8066.
Australian Marist Solidarity has zero tolerance of abuse of those who are vulnerable and a strong commitment to their safeguarding