- Executive Level Communications Role
- Full time
- Sydney based
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres.
We are seeking a Diocesan Director for Communications (Communications Director) to support the Bishop to achieve his pastoral priorities.
As the Communications Director, you will support the Bishop in building a Diocesan-wide missionary footing by responding to his key pastoral priorities for evangelisation through integrated strategic, advisory and administrative leadership in significant sectors of communication across the Chancery, parishes and agencies with an outward facing emphasis on Evangelisation Broken Bay, Catholic Schools Broken Bay and CatholicCare Broken Bay.
To achieve this, you will lead the various responsibilities for Communications and drive the Diocesan-wide communications functions including public relations, issues & media management, creative vision, branding & image, and stakeholder engagement and management.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A personal commitment to Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church as well as a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- A minimum of seven years’ experience with progressive responsibilities to executive level in public relations, journalism, marketing, business, public administration or a related area;
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field;
- Proven capacity to provide leadership in a large, complex and diverse organisation;
- An ability to reflect and implement the pastoral priorities of the Bishop of Broken Bay including the capacity to provide a united approach to communications across the Diocese;
- A thorough knowledge of the methods and techniques for disseminating information to the public as well as facilitating internal communication;
- A sound understanding of the agencies within the local and national Church;
- An ability to translate strategic plans into action;
- An ability to develop and maintain the Diocese’s media, communications, issues management, branding and digital evangelisation functions;
- An ability to sustain effective, positive and influential relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
To view Bishop Anthony Randazzo’s personal invitation to join the Diocesan Team, go to bbcatholic.org.au/jobs
For an information pack including information about how to apply, please email [email protected]
For a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Susan Hatcher on 0404 875 644.
Applications close: Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia; hold a current unrestricted driver’s licence; and will be required to undertake a pre-employment National Police History Check.