- Full time, 12 month fixed term contract
- Sydney based
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres.
The Diocese is entering into a period of pastoral discernment focusing on the ecclesial context of the distinct and unique geographic regions of the Diocese. The aim of the Project is to develop more effective strategies for evangelisation in a parish context, with a particular view towards parish renewal and discipleship.
The Diocese is looking for a dynamic person with faith at their core to project manage and contribute to three phases of this pastoral discernment project comprising: Preliminary analysis; Consultation; Evaluation and Recommendations. Project management; master-planning; pastoral discernment; liaison with and management of key stakeholders as well as the delivery of the three phases within agreed timeframes are central to this role. Relevant and timely stakeholder engagement and management experience are also significant aspects of the role.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A personal commitment to Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church as well as a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- A commitment to prayer with the understanding that this is integral to effective ministry in a Catholic setting;
- Tertiary qualifications in theology, ministry, social science or a related discipline;
- A proven track record spanning at least five years in pastoral planning and/or project management in a Church context;
- Proven experience in planning of evangelising practices in diocesan and parish contexts including the ability to incorporate the pastoral priorities of the Bishop of Broken Bay into those evangelising practices and outcomes;
- A proven record in project-based research and business case methodology and the ability to develop and implement a project plan and manage that project so that it is delivered on time and to budget;
- Demonstrated experience in working in close collaboration with parishes and agencies of the Catholic Church, specifically practised in leading theological formation, clergy and community consultation, and in the facilitation of large and small groups;
- High level organisational skills and the ability to collate large volumes of complex information to be presented to key stakeholders;
- A proven record in sustaining effective relationships and maintaining effective networking across a broad range of parties and persons, with a demonstrated ability to achieve organisational outcomes through well-developed influencing skills;
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office suite: Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
To view Bishop Anthony Randazzo’s personal invitation to join the Diocesan Team, go to bbcatholic.org.au/jobs
For an information pack including details on how to apply, please email [email protected]
For a confidential conversation about the role, please contact Susan Hatcher on 0404 875 644.
Applications close: Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia; hold a current unrestricted driver’s licence; and will be required to undertake a pre-employment National Police History Check.