- Full time
- Pennant Hills based
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres.
We are seeking a Team Leader - Life, Marriage & Family to support the Bishop to achieve his pastoral priorities. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Life, Marriage and Family team in ministry to the people of the Diocese of Broken Bay. You will look to promote the dignity of the human person and a culture that is pro-life, pro-marriage and pro-family. This includes advocating for the inviolability of human life, the sacramental nature of marriage, family life as a gift, and upholding the dignity of those most vulnerable in society.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A personal commitment to Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church as well as a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- A commitment to prayer with the understanding that this is integral to effective ministry in a Catholic setting;
- Tertiary qualifications in theology, pastoral care or a related discipline;
- A thorough understanding of Church teaching on life, marriage and the family specifically, as well as a sound understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and how it reflects a truly pro-life attitude based on the dignity of the human person;
- An ability to proclaim, support and advocate Church teaching on human dignity through public information and education, pastoral care, prayer and worship;
- A comprehensive knowledge of the concrete realities of marriage and family life and an understanding of the current social climate around life, marriage, family and social justice issues with demonstrated experience in the facilitation of workshops, events and presentations in the area of life, marriage and family;
- A proven record in sustaining effective relationships and maintaining effective networking across a broad range of parties and persons, with a demonstrated ability of achieving organisational outcomes through well-developed influencing skills;
- High level organisational skills to develop formative content from conceptualisation through to implementation including delivery, assessment, parish follow-up and reporting;
- High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite, social media and emerging technologies.
To view Bishop Anthony Randazzo’s personal invitation to join the Diocesan Team, go to bbcatholic.org.au/jobs
For an information pack including details on how to apply, please email [email protected]
Applications close: Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia and hold a current unrestricted driver’s licence.