- Full time
- Pennant Hills based
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres.
We are seeking a Team Leader - Catholic Youth to support the Bishop to achieve his pastoral priorities. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the youth and young adult team in ministry to young people in the Diocese of Broken Bay. You will look to develop a culture of youth discipleship among the young people; focusing on parish support, leadership development, faith formation and event coordination.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A personal commitment to Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church as well as a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- A commitment to prayer with the understanding that this is integral to effective ministry in a Catholic setting;
- Tertiary qualifications in youth ministry, pastoral care or a related discipline;
- A thorough understanding of youth discipleship and evangelisation, as well as the national vision for Catholic youth ministry, Anointed and Sent;
- Experience in the development of youth programs and activities, management of groups and individuals, with a demonstrated ability to achieve organisational outcomes through well-developed influencing skills;
- High level organisational skills to develop formative youth focused content from conceptualisation through to implementation including delivery, assessment, follow-up and reporting;
- A proven record in sustaining effective relationships and maintaining effective networking across a broad range of parties and persons including the development of links with parishes, internal and external groups, Church agencies and organisations;
- A comprehensive knowledge of child protection and safeguarding requirements;
- High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite, social media and emerging technologies.
To view Bishop Anthony Randazzo’s personal invitation to join the Diocesan Team, go to bbcatholic.org.au/jobs
For an information pack including details on how to apply, please email [email protected]
Applications close: Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia; hold a current unrestricted driver’s licence; and will be required to undertake a pre-employment Working with Children Check and National Police History Check.