- Full time
- Pennant Hills based
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of the city of Sydney, the North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast. Home to more than 215,000 Catholics, and covering an area of 2,763 square kilometres, the Diocese comprises 26 Parishes, 36 Primary Schools, 8 Secondary Schools, 4 Early Learning Centres, and 5 Family Centres.
We are seeking a Sacramental Life, Liturgy & RCIA Coordinator to support the Bishop to achieve his pastoral priorities. In this role, you will be responsible for promoting a vibrant sacramental and liturgical life in the Diocese of Broken Bay. You will have a particular focus on developing a culture of parish renewal and discipleship through worship, prayer and faith formation.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- A personal commitment to Catholic teachings, faith, ethos, values and mission of the Catholic Church as well as a thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities;
- A commitment to prayer with the understanding that this is integral to effective ministry in a Catholic setting;
- Tertiary qualifications in theology and education or related disciplines;
- Sound knowledge of the rites, and liturgical documents of the Church, with an understanding of their liturgical, pastoral and missionary application;
- A comprehensive knowledge of sacramental life and Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) with an understanding of how they contribute to the renewal of parishes and creating disciples;
- The ability to plan, develop and implement formation programs, resources, training and workshops in support of parish sacramental preparation and to promote the theology and proper practice of each;
- Demonstrated ability to develop formation and catechetical opportunities on liturgical and sacramental themes;
- High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite, social media and emerging technologies;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to reprioritise.
To view Bishop Anthony Randazzo’s personal invitation to join the Diocesan Team, go to bbcatholic.org.au/jobs
For an information pack including details on how to apply, please email [email protected]
Applications close: Wednesday, 2 December 2020.
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia; hold a current unrestricted driver’s licence; and will be required to undertake a pre-employment Working with Children Check.