- Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay
- St Agatha’s Catholic Parish, Pennant Hills
- Youth Minister – Pastoral Support Worker
- 10 hours per week
Do you have a passion for working with youth and young people? Are you dynamic and enthusiastic about the Catholic faith? Are you willing to help our youth and young people engage with their faith in a fun, caring and supportive environment?
St Agatha’s Catholic Parish, Pennant Hills invites you to join our team as a Youth Minister.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide pastoral support services to the Parish community and support parish ministries.
To achieve this, the Youth Minister works under the direction of the Parish Priest and with the Parish team to provide coordinated support services to enhance the Youth ministry within the Parish.
- A personal faith and commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church;
- Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of youth pastoral ministry based on contemporary youth ministry programs, ensuring a sense of community, belonging and fun for the youth and young adults in the Parish;
- The ability to involve the youth in Liturgy and the life of the Parish, especially through liturgical music;
- The ability to provide strong engagement across social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) to promote parish activities and events and maintain ongoing communication with youth and young adults;
- The ability to contribute to and promote a culture of safety and care for Children, Young People, and those that are more vulnerable.
- A proven record in working collaboratively and consultatively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders;
- Proficient skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite.
More details and a position description are available from Jackie Hanson (Chancery HR) on 8379 1667 or [email protected]
To apply, please submit the following documents to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter
- Written statement which addresses each of the selection criteria.
Applications close 4pm, Monday, 14 December 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment Working with Children Check and National Police History Check.