Role: Executive Officer, Jesuit Social Ministries Australia (JSMA)
3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Founded by St Ignatius Loyola more than 450 years ago, the Society of Jesus (also known as the Jesuits) is an international religious order of priests and brothers within the Catholic Church committed to service in the world in a variety of ways.
Jesuit Social Ministries Australia (JSMA) was established in 2020. It is a work of the Society of Jesus in Australia (SoJA). JSMA has the responsibility to provide strategic oversight and governance of the Social Ministries.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Executive Officer to lead the JSMA and work closely with the JSMA Committee. Your main responsibilities are to assist the good governance of the individual social ministries and to continue to develop the following:
- Jesuit mission
- Jesuit identity
- Lay leadership
- Growing collaboration between the ministries as needs arise, and
- Development of local and international Jesuit networks.
The key tasks of the Executive Officer, acting for the JSMA Committee, and as guided by the Committee through its Chair, will include the following:
- Provide coordination, input and support into the strategic planning of each of the ministries
- Ensure ministries have strong Governance, Risk and Compliance principals
- Provide a strong formation ethos to the ministries
- Provide co-ordination and support in relation to finance and development of budgets
- Assist in implementing of ongoing policies and procedures
- Explore and develop initiatives related to cooperation, effective use of, and sharing of, resources and expertise between social ministries
- Act as Secretary for the JSMA Committee
- Oversee and manage any ad hoc projects.
Ideally the successful candidate will possess and have demonstrable knowledge of the following:
- Prior experience in a senior leadership role;
- Possess demonstrable experience within the social services sector;
- Possess an understanding in governance, risk, compliance and strategic planning;
- Possess an understanding of the legislative, regulatory and policy framework affecting governance, risk and compliance management within the social services sector Ability to exercise leadership and plan strategically;
- Builds effective networks and creates consensus around the best way to deliver organisational objectives;
- Strong understanding of Catholic faith;
- Understanding of and willingness to grow in Ignatian spirituality and pedagogy;
- Commitment to understanding the Jesuit order and the Australian Province of the Society of Jesus.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please e-mail a cover letter and your resume to [email protected]
Applications close – 9 March 2021
JSMA is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.