Following the appointment of Nicole Morton as Principal in 2021, an exciting opportunity now exists for the position of Assistant Principal, St. Johns College, Dubbo.
Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst and anzuk Executive are seeking expressions of interest from skilled and aspirational Catholic leaders who can continue to embed a high-performance culture with an unwavering focus on the mission of Catholic education, strong leadership, equity and sustainability.
As Assistant Principal, you will support the promotion of the vision and mission of Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst through Religious, Educational, and Enabling Leadership.
The School – St. Johns College
St Johns College is a comprehensive Catholic systemic co-educational School located in Dubbo, NSW. The College was established in 1969 as a result of the amalgamation of De LaSalle Boy's College (1936) and St Patrick's College for Girls (1880s). St Johns is set in a rural environment on 40 hectares with enrolments of over 900 students. In 2020 the College community identified the missional Belonging, Respect and Encourage as reflecting the St Johns Way.
The College has:
- strong links to St Brigid’s parish and the Catholic feeder schools, including the surrounding towns of Gilgandra, Narromine and Wellington
- a growing Aboriginal population
- a broad curriculum including in Vocational Education
- a culture of excellence across a variety of areas including the academic, with strong HSC performance including student nominations for Art Express, Intech and Encore
- a strong sporting program that has taken students to the national level and beyond including in rugby league, rugby union and cycling
- a tradition of awards in the Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane shows in cattle
- a proud tradition in the local area and significant links to local business
The College is one of 33 schools in Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst who are on a significant journey of improvement, guided by the research on high performing schools and the systems they comprise. Articulated in their Strategic Plan 2019-2021, they have a deep commitment to a professional learning communities' culture in faith filled schools.
Dubbo – Country NSW feel with big city amenities
Dubbo is located 5 hours west of Sydney and, with a population of 40,000, is one of the largest inland cities in NSW. It is also a university town, with Charles Sturt University continuing to be an influential part of the community. Famous for the Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo is undergoing significant investment as part of “Destination Dubbo: International Ready” to transform the city into the number one inland destination centre in Australia for domestic and international visitors.
Being a regional government service centre with a strong regional health centre, light industry supporting the agricultural economy, a strong retail sector and all major amenities in addition to multiple daily flights to Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne, Dubbo gives great access to other areas whilst itself being an outstanding regional city destination.
Role and Responsibilities
The Assistant Principal is a senior leader of St Johns College, Dubbo, and is responsible to the Principal in fulfilling the core mission and shared vision of the College.
The Assistant Principal will:
- Ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the College are reflected in practice across the College and are promoted within our wider community.
- Engage in a collaborative partnership with the Principal to affect cultural change and a shared vision for school improvement.
- Share a close collaborative and collegial relationship with the Senior Leadership team at the College to ensure there is a strong and seamless connection between the focus on student academic care and student wellbeing.
- Be responsible for creating a positive environment in the College where students can belong, learn, grow, achieve and staff can fulfil their responsibilities effectively and with confidence.
- Understand the need for focus on continual school improvement.
- Lead, model and develop the evidence-based delivery of pedagogical, curriculum and wellbeing school-based initiatives.
- Support and advance teaching and learning projects within the school community.
- Lead and develop appropriate data management processes to promote and support learning growth for students and staff.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Commitment and understanding of the mission of Catholic Education.
- Contemporary leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead teams and contribute positively to the professional culture of the school community
- Expertise and a passion for leading learning
A full position description can be obtained by contacting anzuk Executive.
The successful applicant for this key leadership position is expected to commence in Term 1, 2022.
This position is classified as ‘Assistant Principal - Secondary’ under the NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020 (the Enterprise Agreement). Salary packaging is available and relocation and accommodation support will be provided where the successful applicant is required to relocate.
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain an Applicant Information Pack, please contact Mitch Jones or James Mundy at anzuk Executive who are leading the application and search process
Please contact anzuk Executive to obtain an Applicant Information Pack which will describe the application process.
Applications will be received until 25th June, 2021