The Catholic Diocese of Bathurst was established in 1865, and covers an area of 103,680 sq km. encompassing 17 parishes, 33 Catholic primary and secondary schools and social services agency, Centacare Bathurst, which provides professional social services across the Diocese.
To assist in the delivery of pastoral care and ministry, the Catholic Diocese of Bathurst is currently seeking a Prison Chaplain to service the Correctional Facility in Wellington NSW.
Our ideal candidate will support the wider organisational values, ethos and mission whilst maintaining a community-centred focus within their role and service. Reporting to the Director of Mission and Renewal, the Prison Chaplain works across a multi-faith and multi-denomination environment within the Wellington Correctional Facility. This includes leading worship, facilitating prayer and working within the recommendations for chaplains listed in the CCAC guidelines and Corrective Services.
If you are an engaging team player with excellent communication skills, stakeholder and community liaison experience and a genuine commitment to the most vulnerable in our community, we'd love to hear from you.
Within the Diocesan family, you will be supported with excellent relationships, mentoring, workplace flexibility, collaborative work styles, invested development and exceptional opportunities to contribute to the community. An Employment Assistance Program and Chaplain Development Days are just some of the other benefits well received by our existing teams.
- Basic theological or related qualifications – a Degree or (minimum) Diploma level.
- Significant pastoral experience, which may include related church or life experience (Recognised Prior Learning).
- A clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of chaplaincy
- Willingness and skills to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-faith and multi-cultural setting
- Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to confidently liaise with all stakeholders
- The successful candidate will have either completed the required level of Clinical Pastoral Education(CPE) or equivalent, or undertake and complete, the required level of CPE or equivalent within the first 12 months of employment.
For further information and a copy of the position description please email [email protected]
Applications close 5pm Friday 25th June 2021
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.