ACCOUNTANT - Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia and the Solomon Islands
A part-time position exists for an experienced accountant. The position is based in the Congregational Offices in Strathfield NSW.
The Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia and the Solomon Islands were founded from Ireland in 1867. Our sisters live in Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Newcastle, Maitland and the Solomon Islands. They are committed to proclaiming the gospel message of truth, justice and compassion.
We have a vacancy for a permanent part-time position 0.4 FTE that has flexibility to be worked over 3 shorter days or 2 full days.
In this role you will be working at our Congregational Office, assisting with the preparation of financial reports, FBT returns and financial statements. Working closely with the Business Manager.
You must be willing to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church and the values and charism of the Dominican Sisters
Skills and qualifications required
- An Australian University tertiary qualification in accounting or similar discipline.
- Experience in MYOB desirable
- The ability to work independently to solve problems
- A high level of attention to detail
- Be committed to high ethical standards, confidentiality and able to work collaboratively
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks efficiently in a highly supportive environment
- Good management/organisational skills as well as the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
Accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Preparation of annual financial statements and related work papers
- Ensure compliance with all levels of legislation, regulations, accounting standards, company policies and internal control principles as required
- Assist in the annual audit of accounts and attend to any queries raised by the external auditors, where appropriate
- Assist the implementation of any recommendations made by the auditors in the audit management letters
- Responsible for cash management, treasury and banking functions and maintenance of cash reserves
- Responsible for maintaining accurate financial asset registers
- Ensure compliance with all taxation obligations including lodgement of required returns, reporting, payments and administration
- Analyse financial data and provide recommendations and support to the Business Manager
- Responsible for maintaining the completeness, accuracy, reliability and integrity of financial ledgers
- Assisting with other accounting functions and reporting as and when required
Salary and Conditions of employment will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The Dominican Sisters of Eastern Australia and the Solomon Islands are committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. They have a zero tolerance of any abuse and are committed to a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for the position.
Interested applicants to forward their resume, with a covering letter and contact details of three referees to: [email protected],org.au