The Parish seeks to employ a suitably qualified Lay Pastoral Leader who will work in a co-responsible role with the Parish Priest and lead the operational aspects of the Parish life and allow the Parish Priest to focus his attention on the Spiritual and Pastoral leadership of the parish. The parish has fully embraced a Stewardship model of Church.
The Lay Pastoral Leader - is co-responsible with the Parish Priest, the Parish Spiritual and Pastoral leader, for the leadership of the parish with particular responsibility for:
1.1 Inspirational leadership of all operational aspects of the parish;
1.2 The development and supervision of the Parish’s administrational enterprise;
1.3 The leadership, with the Parish Priest, of the parish culture and reputational management.
As the Lay Pastoral Leader and delegated administrative leader of the Parish, the appointment of whom is authorised by the Bishop, the Lay Pastoral Leader is responsible to the Parish Priest in the first instance and Parish Stewardship Council.
This leadership position requires a person with a deep understanding of and commitment to the Vision and Values of the Bundaberg Catholic Parish;
1. The successful applicant will:
- have a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a strong personal prayer life and active participation in communal worship;
- have a willingness and ability to engage in disciplined study and personal formation in Spirituality and Christian leadership; • have significant experience with the workings of a Catholic parish;
- have the capacity to develop highly effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders;
- have demonstrated capacity for significant leadership in a Church environment.
2. This position requires a person who:
- has the capacity to lead in a co-responsibility situation with the Parish Priest;
- has extensive leadership experience in the Church, Education or Corporate world;
- is naturally a team leader;
- is totally committed to the Stewardship model of Church and Parish operation;
3. The incumbent of this position is expected to demonstrate total loyalty to the Parish Priest, the Parish Stewardship Council and the Parish’s Stewardship approach;
4. The incumbent of this position will have demonstrated capacity to fulfil multiple leadership roles.
- Refined communication and presentation skills, including the ability to speak with confidence in public and engage the Parish community;
- Superior communication technology skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading and implementing innovative approaches to operational aspects of an organisation;
- Evidence of engagement with the broader (Church) community, and a commitment to their own lifelong learning; • Experience in developing and leading developmentally appropriate parish renewal programs;
- An outstanding record as an Operational Leader and practitioner.
Full details of the role, selection criteria, employment conditions and further information about the parish and its leadership structure can be obtained by contacting Dennis Doherty, Consultant, on [email protected] or call 0412636899.
Applications close on 5th July, 2021