Lumen Christi Primary School, Delacombe, is situated on the south-west fringe of Ballarat. The Principal will lead this vibrant school of over 300 students in a growth area of the city. View Job on Website
Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL) governs 56 parish schools across Western Victoria. As the administrative arm of DOBCEL, Catholic Education Ballarat (CEB) provides support and leadership to schools within the Ballarat Diocese. CEB engages with schools to promote Catholic identity, deliver quality learning, enable effective stewardship, and nurture respectful relationships.
Lumen Christi Primary School, Delacombe, is situated on the south-west fringe of Ballarat and is a vibrant school of over 300 students in a growth area of the city. The school is an authentically Catholic learning community, offering excellence in education within a strong faith environment. Our staff place students at the centre of the learning process through the provision of high quality and engaging classroom teaching which enables students to build meaning and develop positive relationships in an atmosphere that balances challenge with support.
We are seeking a collaborative and visionary educational leader to model faith in action, inspire the school community, and enact a shared vision focused on excellence in education. The Principal leads the community by personal and professional example to ensure the school:
- is recognised as an authentic Catholic school, promoting Gospel values, and nurturing spiritual development;
- continues to deliver a dynamic and comprehensive, student-focused and evidence-based learning experience for students;
- treats students as individuals who are encouraged to be responsible for their own learning in a supportive and nurturing environment;
- is collaborative and inclusive, and continuously developing and supporting all school staff;
- is a highly engaged and professional learning community.
Working in partnership with Catholic Education Ballarat, the Principal assumes operational and strategic responsibility for the effective leadership and stewardship of the school.
Commencement Date: Term 1, January 2022.
Please visit the Catholic Education Ballarat website and download the position description and an application pack.
For a confidential discussion about the position contact:
- Michael Trainor, Human Resources Manager (03) 5337 7109
- Kim Butler, Education Consultant Central Zone (03) 5337 7170
Applications close Monday 16 August 2021 by 9am.
DOBCEL is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children and young people in its care.