St Alipius Primary School serves a community of approximately 270 students supported by a team of 42 dedicated staff. We are seeking a Principal to lead this community from January 2022.
Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL) governs 56 parish schools across Western Victoria. As the administrative arm of DOBCEL, Catholic Education Ballarat (CEB) provides support and leadership to schools within the Ballarat Diocese. CEB engages with schools to promote Catholic identity, deliver quality learning, enable effective stewardship, and nurture respectful relationships.
St Alipius Primary School, Ballarat East is the oldest continually operating school in the Ballarat area, having first opened in 1853. Today the school serves a community of approximately 270 students, supported by a team of 42 dedicated staff. The school is a vibrant community with a culture of welcome, inclusion and where learning is equally about who we are and how we can live creatively, purposely and compassionately in our world. The learning and teaching are enriched by our Catholic tradition and based on a constructivist approach.
We are seeking a collaborative and visionary educational leader to model faith in action, enact a shared school vision for contemporary education, and lead an evidence-based approach to personal and academic development experiences for students. The Principal leads the community by personal and professional example to ensure the school:
- is recognised as an authentic Catholic school that promotes Gospel values and nurtures spiritual development;
- delivers a dynamic and contemporary school curriculum that emphasises a student focused learning experience for students;
- nurtures student wellbeing and individualises learning in a supportive environment;
- prioritises student safety and recognises the uniqueness, value and contribution of each person;
- works collaboratively with the School parent/carer community to support learning;
- has a highly engaged professional learning community of staff dedicated to continuous improvement.
Working in partnership with Catholic Education Ballarat, the Principal will lead the operational and strategic planning for the School, provide effective stewardship of resources and establish meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual responsibility.
Commencement Date: Term 1, January 2022.
Please visit the DOBCEL website and download the position description and an application pack.
For a confidential discussion about the position contact:
- Michael Trainor, Human Resources Manager (03) 5337 7109
- Kim Butler, Education Consultant: Central Zone (03) 5337 7170
Applications close: Monday 27 September 2021 at 9am.
St Alipius Primary School, Ballarat East is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children and young people in its care.