St Brigid's Primary School, Ballan is a school community of approximately 100 students. We seek a Principal to lead this community from January 2022.
Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL) governs 56 parish schools across Western Victoria. As the administrative arm of DOBCEL, Catholic Education Ballarat (CEB) provides support and leadership to schools within the Ballarat Diocese. CEB engages with schools to promote Catholic identity, deliver quality learning, enable effective stewardship, and nurture respectful relationships.
St Brigid’s Primary School, Ballan is a school community of approx. 100 students, located in a rural hinterland 35 kilometres from Ballarat. The School is supported by a team of 17 dedicated staff who are committed to the development and implementation of a faith-based curriculum. St Brigid's is committed to building the self-esteem and confidence of each student through individual, supported learning which caters for all learning styles and encourages personal responsibility.
We are seeking a collaborative and visionary educational leader to model faith in action, inspire the School community, and enact a shared vision focused on excellence in education. The Principal will lead through personal and professional example to ensure the School:
- is recognised as an authentic Catholic school that promotes Gospel values and nurtures spiritual development;
- delivers a dynamic and contemporary school curriculum that emphasises student focused learning experiences for students;
- nurtures student wellbeing and individualised learning in a supportive environment;
- prioritises student safety and recognises the uniqueness, value and contribution of each person;
- works collaboratively with the School parent/carer community to support learning;
- has a highly engaged professional learning community of staff dedicated to continuous improvement.
Working in partnership with Catholic Education Ballarat, the Principal will lead the operational and strategic planning for the School, provide effective stewardship of resources and establish meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual responsibility.
Commencement Date: Term 1, January 2022.
Please visit the DOBCEL website and download the position description and an application pack.
For a confidential discussion about the position contact:
- Michael Trainor, Human Resources Manager (03) 5337 7109
- Kim Butler, Education Consultant: Central Zone (03) 03 5337 7170
Applications close: Monday 27 September 2021 at 9am.
St Brigid’s Primary School, Ballan is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children and young people in its care.