Mother of Good Counsel School, North Cairns is seeking applications for an Assistant Principal – Religious Education to join their school community in 2022. View Job on Website
- Full Time Permanent Teaching Position
- Fixed Term Leadership Position (5 Years)
- 30 Hours Per Week
- Commencing: 15 January 2022
- Applications close: 5pm, Monday 11 October 2021
Purpose of the Role
As a member of the Leadership Team and the School Support and Improvement Team, the Assistant Principal Religious Education works closely with the Principal who provides leadership and exercises prudential stewardship within the Catholic School.
The APRE promotes equity, excellence and justice across the school system, and demonstrates leadership by engaging and contributing as a highly effective community builder, internal and external to the school. The position draws on a repertoire of effective core leadership practices and Catholic social teachings and behaviours embedded in key personal qualities and capabilities; thereby improving learning outcomes for all stakeholders.
The APRE provides specific leadership in those areas delegated by the Principal and as designated in this duty statement.
- Effective Christian spiritual leadership is central to the identity of the Catholic school.
- Catholic school leaders must foster the religious, pastoral and academic mission of the Catholic school.
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements / Selection Criteria
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission Position
- Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Leadership experience:
- Demonstrated ability in religious and educational leadership
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary educational issues at state and national levels with particular reference to Religious Education
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Professional qualifications in Education
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Promote child safety at all times
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
How to Apply
Please visit www.cns.catholic.edu.au/employment for further information about working with Cairns Catholic Education, or download the Application Pack, Referee Report and Clergy Referee Report.
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 11 October 2021
Catholic Education is an equal opportunity employer.
Intending applicants must be fully committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation.