St Therese's School is seeking leadership personnel, not defined by discipline, rather by your unique experience, style and points of view.
Are you passionate about being a light for others?
Is your life being a story of self advancement?
Do you have a disposition to inspire people to be the best version of themselves?
Do you have a deep philosophy about how children learn?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Fixed Term Position (5-Year Contract) with a substantive permanent teaching position
- 30 hours per week
- Salary - $130,516 - $136,927 per annum
- Applications Close: 28 September 2021
Purpose of the Role
The Assistant Principal Religious Education is a member of the School Executive and Leadership Teams. The Assistant Principal Religious Education works closely with the Principal in areas of strategic and operational matters. Particular focus is exercised in the provision of leadership in learning and identity that includes mission, formation, the religious life of the school and the teaching of religion. Core to this role is the faith leadership of the school as delegated by the Principal. This includes outreach, forming staff in the Catholic Tradition, the Religious Life of the School and the planning, resourcing and oversight of the Religious Education Curriculum.
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements / Selection Criteria
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission
- Position Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Leadership experience:
- Demonstrated ability in educational leadership
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary educational issues at state and national levels
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Professional qualifications in Education
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Promote child safety at all times
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
To Apply: Please download an application pack from our website - Catholic Education Cairns - Leadership Positions
Catholic Education Cairns is an equal opportunity employer