St Therese's School, Bentley Park is seeking leadership personnel, not defined by discipline, rather by your unique experience, style and points of view.
Are you passionate about being a light for others?
Is your life being a story of self advancement?
Do you have a disposition to inspire people to be the best version of themselves?
Do you have a deep philosophy about how children learn?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
- Fixed Term Position (5-Year Contract) with a substantive permanent teaching position
- 30 hours per week
- Salary - $130,516 - $136,927 per annum
- Applications Close: 28 September 2021
Purpose of the Role
As a member of the Executive and Leadership Teams, the Assistant Principal – Strategic and Operations (APSO)
(Administration) works closely with the Principal who provides leadership and exercises prudential stewardship within the Catholic School.
The APSO promotes equity, excellence and justice across the school system, and demonstrates leadership by engaging and contributing as a highly effective community builder, internal and external to the school. The position draws on the repertoire of core leadership practise and behaviours embedded in key personal qualities and capabilities; thereby improving learning outcomes for all stakeholders.
In addition, the APSO provides specific leadership in those areas delegated by the Principal as designated in this duty statement.
Mandatory Qualifications and Requirements / Selection Criteria
- Participation in and commitment to the sacramental life of the Church
- Understanding and commitment to education in the Catholic tradition
- Professional qualifications in Education and Religion as per Queensland Catholic Education Commission
- Position Statement for Senior Leadership Positions in Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Leadership experience:
- Demonstrated ability in educational leadership
- Demonstrated administrative ability
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary educational issues at state and national levels
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high order
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pastoral Care of members of the school community
- Skills for building community including facilitation, delegation and consultation
- Professional qualifications in Education
- Registered or eligible to register with Queensland College of Teachers
- Promote child safety at all times
- Current drivers licence
- A strong demonstrated commitment to the objectives, vision and ethos of Catholic Education
To Apply: Please download an application pack from our website - Catholic Education Cairns - Leadership Positions
Catholic Education Cairns is an equal opportunity employer