St Francis of Assisi Ohariu Parish is seeking a Full-Time Parish Director of Mission to work collaboratively with the Parish’s office team, parish leadership and volunteers.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity for an individual who can provide pastoral leadership for the faith community of St Francis of Assisi Ohariu.
Ideally you will have a background of active involvement in a Catholic Parish, be an excellent communicator with well-developed interpersonal and problem-solving skills and can work collaboratively and effectively within our community of communities.
You will ideally have:
- Education: Formal studies in scripture, liturgy, ecclesiology, morality, and parish ministry is desirable.
- Skills / Knowledge:
- A practicing Catholic participating in a parish with an informed understanding of Vatican II and contemporary Theological developments and how these apply to the mission of a parish.
- Supervisory ability and interpersonal communications skills.
- Good organizational skills, facilitation skills, and ability to manage.
- Good record keeping skills and a knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize, be flexible, present oneself professionally, and to maintain confidentiality.
The Parish Director of Mission’s Purpose is to:
- Provide pastoral, spiritual, and organizational leadership for the faith community of St Francis of Assisi Ohariu.
- Be a unifying and animating presence for St Francis of Assisi Ohariu.
- Invite all people of faith to carry out the mission of the Church.
- Lead new projects in response to the Vision and Mission Statements.
- Continue to develop a new model of being Church in the 21st Century.
- Represent St Francis of Assisi Ohariu to the Archdiocese of Wellington and other churches, communities, and government sectors.
- Follow the outcomes of the Archdiocesan Synod 2017.
- Implement the framework of operation and development of the St Francis of Assisi Ohariu Parish Model.
- Implement and adapt the Model of St Francis of Assisi Ohariu to further the mission of the Church.
- Support, promote and enhance the rituals and liturgies of St Francis of Assisi Ohariu.
The role is Full-Time, based in Wellington, New Zealand.
To view the full job description or for more information Visit http://stfrancisohariu.nz/updates/vacancies/
Applications close 29 October 2021 at 5:00pm.