Great opportunity for an experienced Senior Property Manager to work for ISMAPNG and manage a broad range of property related projects.
The Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is a Religious Institute of Catholic women who advance the reign of God by engaging in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. As women of mercy inspired by the gospel and their foundress, Catherine McAuley, their mission is to live hospitality, compassion and justice. Their ministries include health, aged care, education, social welfare, advocacy and environmental sustainability.
The Property Team are responsible for providing comprehensive property solutions across ISMAPNG, including commercial and residential property matters. Managing a team of 4 Property Consultants, this two-year full-time position will be located within the Mercy Centre, Alphington with an expectation of travelling both intra and interstate as required.
The main purpose of this role is to manage, develop and lead the Institute’s property portfolio (Nationally and including Papua New Guinea) and strategic planning and implementation of property management, including the provision of operational and commercial management support to meet the goals, expectations and requirements of the Institute.
In addition, you will be managing approx. 500 properties (combination of owned and rental) and will have a strong focus on environmental sustainability. Of the properties, approx. 90% are residential and the institute would buy/sell approx. 20 properties annually.
Other areas responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring the Property team takes a proactive approach to property management
- Planning for future property requirements of the Institute
- Preparation and ownership of property related budget for budgeting purposes
- Providing advice on and supervision on major property transactions
- Providing general advice to the Operations Manager, Executive Director of ISMAPNG and the Institute Leadership Team on all matters related to property
- Provision of analysis and recommendations on development, redevelopment, acquisition and divestment of property including climate change induced risks/mitigation for the Institute.
- Ensuring property risk assessments are completed and resultant mitigation and corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure ISMAPNG properties are well maintained through planned and scheduled maintenance, so that their economic and pastoral values are optimised. This could include energy and water efficiency and biodiversity considerations.
- Liaise with builders, architects, associated consultants and relevant government bodies for building projects and developments; retrofitting buildings for optimum sustainability and carbon neutrality including energy and water efficiency and biodiversity outcomes
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant demonstrated experience in Property Management, Project Management and/or Business Management
- Proven senior experience in property and facilities management in a large and widespread organisation
- Strong knowledge of and/or experience in sustainable retrofitting of properties and sustainable building design
- Proven experience in contract management and developing and managing property development programs
- Strong leadership skills to guide the sustainability vision within a property team
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills as well as proven strengths in negotiation, collaboration, networking, report writing and lateral thinking
- High level of attention to detail, quality and accuracy
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this is a unique and pivotal role, and the successful candidate will need to be well experienced in Property Management, with an appreciation and understanding of the Catholic Faith. A salary commensurate with your experience is on offer.
If you believe you are the right person for this role, please email your cover letter and resume for consideration to [email protected], or you can contact Vivian Meloni at Complete Recruitment Matters on 0438 001 840 for a confidential discussion.
Please note: A police check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment being made.
ISMAPNG is committed to creating a culture of safety and respect for all, including prioritising the safety and best interests of all children and vulnerable adults with whom we have contact.
All staff are expected to take all reasonable steps to ensure the protection of children and vulnerable adults and to comply with our safeguarding policies and procedures, including responding to and reporting all suspicions and allegations of abuse.
Closing date is 22nd October 2021