Catholic Education in South Australia operates within the Archdiocese of Adelaide and the Diocese of Port Pirie to meet the needs of families who choose an education based on Christian principles in the Catholic tradition. The Catholic Education Office (CEO) provides professional support services to its school communities.
- Fixed Term (Three Years)
- Full-Time (Requests for part-time will also be accepted)
- Commencing: 1 February 2022
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified person for the position of Diocesan Youth Ministry Officer (DYMO). Reporting to the Coordinator, Catholic Office for Youth and Young Adults, this role will provide you with responsibility for:
- contributing to, promoting and implementing effective pastoral strategies for ministry with young people;
- building the capacity of leaders and groups engaged in youth ministry;
- promoting and assisting in the coordination of priority projects, programs and events for young people;
- curating, developing and disseminating effective and appropriate resources for ministry with young people;
- supporting COYYA communications to young people and agencies in multi modal ways.
To be successful in the role you will need to be an active member of a Catholic eucharistic community and be able to demonstrate exemplary commitment to the Catholic Church and its teaching and also to:
- have knowledge of contemporary practices in youth engagement, leadership development and formation;
- understand and appreciate the current cultural contexts of young people and be able to use emerging and contemporary communication technologies to engage them with the life of the Church;
- be committed to working in a partnership model with leaders in youth ministry in the Archdiocese;
- be strongly diocesan, parish and school focused in supporting the development of youth ministry in the Archdiocese;
- significant experience in Catholic youth ministry with demonstrated successful leadership.
Applications Close: Monday 25 Oct 2021 at 9.00am
Further criteria and information, including a Position Information Document is available from the CESA website.