We are looking for two passionate & student-focused individuals to offer a visible Catholic presence in multiple Melbourne & Monash university campuses.
- Two roles available
- Full time, Fixed-term contract (3years)
- Based at Melbourne University & Monash University (will be required to work across multiple campuses)
The Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne through its ministries and agencies is at service of the people of God, planting the Gospel of Jesus Christ into their communities and lived daily.
Reporting to the Senior Chaplain Youth, Young Adults and Campus the Campus Discipleship Officer is to be a witness of the Good News of Jesus Christ on the university campus and to invite students on the journey of discipleship.
The work of the Campus Discipleship Officer is Gospel based and expressed in personal witness of faith, accompaniment, community building, liturgy, prayer, and pastoral care. The Campus Discipleship Officer brings the Presence of Jesus to the university community. As Jesus did in the Gospel, the Campus Discipleship Officer meets people where they are and walks with them, and offers nourishment to the spiritually hungry and poor, wherever they are to be found.
Based on one campus, but as a member of the broader team working with students from a variety of universities, the Campus Discipleship Officer will have a unique role in seeking to evangelise students and staff by offering pathways for discipleship. They seek to provide opportunities for faith encounters and are willing to accompany students on their faith journeys. Being an authentic witness on campus, the Campus Discipleship Officer should be respectful and welcoming of all people, always proposing the Gospel but never imposing.
The key responsibilities include:
- Offer a visible Catholic presence on multiple campuses and actively seek to engage Catholic and non-Catholic students in dialogue on important questions common to all.
- Develop a community environment in which students can grow in their journey of discipleship and have an encounter with the Lord.
- Establish and support the formation of small group discipleship on campus.
- Encourage students to engage more deeply with their faith
- Connect students to activities that help them engage more deeply with the life of faith beyond campus.
- Provide support to the other universities in their region by visiting campuses during major events or initiatives such as O-Week.
- • Collaborate with the Discipleship on Campus Team, and the broader Discipleship Team to serve the needs of University Students across the Archdiocese.
The essential elements for each applicant are:
- Tertiary qualifications (or working towards) in theology, religious education, ministry or a similar relevant discipline
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence (essential)
- National Police record check (essential)
- Working with Children Check (essential)
To express your interest in this position, please reach out to [email protected] with a copy of your up to date CV addressing the essential skills and requirements of the role in the Position Description attached to this advertisement by 22nd October 2021. We would also like to understand your motivation for applying for this position.
If you would like any further information, please contact Fr Nicholas Pearce, Senior Chaplain - Youth, Young Adults and Campus Ministry on 0402 850 556 or [email protected]
The Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults. It is a requirement across our organisation that all clergy, employees and volunteers have a valid working with children check.