Position: Head of People and Culture
Classification: Full Time – 5-year contract
Commencing: January 2022
Closing Date: 5pm 8 November 2021
- Strategic leadership of People and Culture
- Be part of a community of communities
- Impact our employee experience
- Annual salary $244,127 + 10% Super + Benefits
The Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) serves Catholic school communities across Illawarra, Macarthur, Southern Highlands and Shoalhaven regions. CEDoW’s 38 Catholic schools, together with the Catholic Education Office (CEO), constitute the system of Catholic schools in the Diocese of Wollongong. CEDoW’s Mission is to create vibrant Catholic school communities where every student finds meaning and purpose in their lives through experiencing continual growth in faith and improvement in learning.
CEDoW is launching the search for its next leader of People and Culture (P&C) to continue the evolution of a People and Culture function that contributes to system performance, mission and values of this unique learning and faith community.
The Head of People and Culture leads a team of specialists across Child Safety and Professional Services, Employment and Industrial Relations, Workplace Safety and Wellbeing, Leadership and Professional Growth, and Recruitment and Payroll Services.
Providing highly transparent strategic direction, clear pathways for focus and alignment with the Diocese’s strategic plan, you’ll actively address and respond to the future narrative and value proposition of Catholic Education. With the strong reputation of the P&C function across the organisation as your platform, your focus will be to improve and innovate across all stages of the employee lifecycle.
You’ll provide considered strategic HR advice, work collaboratively across the organisation and oversee CEDoW’s response to complex ER and Child Protection matters. You’ll resolve complex issues and create a strategic framework and direction to ensure the successful delivery of CEDoW’s people-related projects, programs and processes, including your leadership of the co-design and implementation of CEDoW’s long term workforce strategy.
This opportunity calls for someone who is able and ready to demonstrate the CEDoW values of hope, compassion, justice and integrity throughout service delivery and decisions. Someone who leads with respect, care, and confidentiality, and is eager to build and nurture strong relationships across and beyond the organisation. Your experience in similar roles, underpinned by formal tertiary qualifications in HR/IR/ER/Business or similar, will complement your application.
For a full outline of the role’s mandatory criteria, accountabilities, and key result areas, please view the Position Description.
What we offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with purpose-driven people to improve outcomes for the 20,000 children in our care
- A platform to enable real impact for an organisation clear on mission and purpose
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Package includes fully maintained vehicle as per CEDoW’s Vehicle Management policy
- Access to programs to support your ongoing professional learning, formation, and career development
How to apply
- Visit www.dow.catholic.edu.au to learn more about us.
- Contact Moira McGarva at [email protected] to request the Position Description
- Apply via seek.com.au with your current resume and a brief, introductory covering letter outlining how your expertise, experience and qualifications align with the role’s key performance criteria.
For a confidential discussion to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Moira McGarva on m: 0481 180 059 before applications close on 5pm 8 November 2021.
To learn more about the region, visit www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au