We are seeking and experienced bookkeeper to work at the Sacred Heart Monastery in Kensington Sydney.
The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC) a Catholic religious congregation was founded by Fr Jules Chevalier at Issoudun, France in 1854. MSCs exist to proclaim and witness to the love of God and with care, compassion and understanding strive to build a community of faith among all people especially with those whom they work closely with.
The Kensington Province consists of approximately 36 retired and semi-retired MSC Priests and Brothers living at the Sacred Heart Monastery situated centrally in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a bookkeeper with a minimum of 5 years MYOB or similar system experience. This is a three day a week position working 9 am to 5 pm based at the Monastery. Parking is available on site.
The successful person will have proven experience in bookkeeping, who has excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask. The person will work independently and can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess strong Excel skills.
- Data entry of time sheets, of staff and contractors, into a spreadsheet to track hours worked.
- Payment of accounts receivable and payable
- Management of bank reconciliations
- Management of BAS returns quarterly
- Preparation of medical expense reimbursements monthly
- Management of petty cash
- Filing of all documents.
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting.
- The remuneration for this role is dependent on qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
- A letter of interest addressing experience, skills, and qualifications as they relate to the essential criteria of the position.
- A professional resume
- Applications close on the December 10, 2021. Please send your application to Andrew [email protected]