The National Director of Marist Schools Australia, Dr Frank Malloy, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced leaders in Catholic education for the position of Principal, Newman College, commencing January 2023.
Newman College is owned by the Marist Brothers and governed by Marist Schools Australia Limited. This vibrant school of 1,800 girls and boys from pre-Kindergarten to Year 12 is the largest Catholic co-educational school in Western Australia, and is widely recognised for its innovative approaches to contemporary learning and faith development.
The new Principal of Newman College will:
- Lead a Catholic college community with a strong Marist identity and a dynamic vision for learning called ‘Shine through Discovery – Let your light shine’ (Matthew 5:16).
- Oversee the implementation of an exciting and already approved $25 million capital development project. This involves the relocation of Early Childhood to Year 2 classes to the Churchlands campus, where they will be part of the redeveloped primary school facilities.
This is part of the strategy of creating a cohesive pre-K to Year 12 community and the new facilities will complement the state-of-the-art college learning hub which was completed in 2020.
- Guide a dedicated Leadership Team in the ongoing implementation of the college’s strong and innovative school improvement agenda.
- Empower teachers to deliver quality contemporary learning programs across all ages, from pre-Kindergarten to Year 12, enabling students and families to enjoy the benefits of being in a learning and faith community ‘From sandpit to graduation’
- Work in a beautiful natural environment in the leafy suburb of Churchlands, with close proximity to amazing beaches and with easy access to Perth CBD.
The successful applicant will be an experienced and energetic leader who is committed to the ongoing expression of Marist spirituality, pedagogy and tradition within the dynamic Newman College community.
For more information or to obtain an application package please contact Patricia Bergin via [email protected]
Applications Close Monday 30 May, at 5.00pm