ABOUT THE ROLE: Manager Pastoral Care Services, Aged Care
Summary of the role: Mercy Health is a Catholic healthcare provider in the Mercy Tradition of Health Services, Residential Aged Care, Retirement Living and Home Care Services. With service locations throughout Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia, Aged Care services are supported by a committed team of over 30 Pastoral Carers. Working with a committed Pastoral Care Team, the Manager Pastoral Care services provides the strategic direction for the delivery of Pastoral Care Services across Mercy Health Aged Care.
This is a full-time ongoing position with the opportunity to further strengthen the work of Pastoral Care at Mercy Health by the development and implementation of programs to support our mission of bringing God's mercy to those with whom we work and serve. Reporting to the Executive Director Mission Leadership, this role works collaboratively as part of the Mission Leadership and the Aged Care Leadership teams.
- Post graduate qualifications in Theology/Religious Education/Pastoral Studies, or equivalent
- An appreciation of the Catholic understanding of the dignity of the human person
- Clinical Pastoral Education, or equivalent
- Experience working at a senior leadership level within a complex system such as Health or Aged Care
- Understanding of the spiritual needs of older people and those living with dementia
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards
- Certificate Advanced Membership of Spiritual Care Australia, or equivalent
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation grounded in a 2,000-year tradition of caring for others. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Health is made up of more than 9,500 people who provide acute and subacute hospital care, aged care, mental health programs, maternity and specialist women’s health services, early parenting services, home care services and health worker training and development.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
Mercy Health is committed to the safety of all children and vulnerable people across our services. We recognise the importance of listening to the voice of children and vulnerable people and have a zero tolerance of any form of abuse and neglect.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Mercy Health recognises that many people want to work somewhere that is more than ‘just a job.’ With a values based culture, Mercy Health offer a generous range of benefits to support you to maintain a healthy work/life balance. These include:
- Salary packaging benefits
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Health and Wellbeing programs
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Career progression and development opportunities
- A range of discounts available across a diverse portfolio of financial, healthcare, travel and other services
- At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check. Mercy Health may conduct additional background checks subject to current legislation.
Mercy Health is committed to public health and safety measures that protect the health and lives of our people and the individuals and communities we serve. As a Catholic organisation we believe in the principle of the common good and as such we expect our staff to participate in immunisations/vaccinations to safeguard the most vulnerable.
If you have any questions or require any adjustments to ensure a fair and equitable interview and selection process please contact us on the details below.
Cathy Jenkins Executive Director Mission Leadership
03 8416 7898