Administrative Support (Pastoral Formation)
Opportunity to join the newly formed Pastoral Formation Team
About the Diocese
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes, 82 Catholic schools, and more than 43,000 students and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
The Diocese of Parramatta produces a large volume of printed and online material to promote, engage and enhance the work of Diocese.
About the Role
The Diocese is seeking the Pastoral Formation Administrative Support who will be responsible for providing a high level of administrative services to the Head: Formation for Mission and the newly formed Pastoral Formation team. The Pastoral Formation team support Catholic communities, particularly parishes, with their formation and the delivery of various programs under the direction of the Head: Formation for Mission.
Your role will require to:
• Coordinate various committee and council agendas, including preparation and circulation of agendas and backing papers, and taking minutes for meetings;
• Liaise with parish, deanery and diocesan council members;
• Liaise with Facilitators on identifying, researching and sharing resources for the Pastoral Formation team;
• Provide administration support for programs, events, various formation days, deanery forums and diocesan assemblies;
• Provide general administrative support to the Head: Formation for Mission including word processing, document preparation, photocopying;
• Liaise with parish leadership teams and maintain open lines of communication with parishes in order to direct their enquiries about relevant formation support (and operational matters as needed);
• Write initial drafts, edit and distribute communications for audiences including but not limited to presentations, scripts, briefing documents; and
• Other duties as required by the Head: Formation for Mission.
To be the successful candidate you need to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church;
• Passion for life in faith, especially in the area of formation for mission;
• Understanding the need of usage of technology and innovative ways of sharing faith;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• A professional manner and presentation;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with others;
• An ability to operate with absolute discretion and to maintain confidentiality;
• An ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision;
• Attention to detail and a well-ordered approach to work;
• Good time management and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks;
• A commitment to service and a willingness to be accountable for their performance;
• Demonstrated experience in providing a range of administrative services;
• Demonstrated ability to identify and implement best practice policies and systems;
• A demonstrated commitment to customer service;
• A demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations; and
• Knowledge and understanding of contemporary reception and customer services practices;
You need to have:
• Qualification Business Administration or a related discipline;
• At least three years relevant experience preferably in a comparable role (for example in education, ministry, planning or community development);
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail;
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills;
• Proven ability to work confidentially and productively with a high level of tact and diplomacy;
• Ability to work well in a team, to model and demonstrate constructive working relationships and information exchange across the organisation;
• Ability to work under pressure and manage competing demands and priorities;
• Advanced computer skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office, email and web-based applications; and
• Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable vehicle as the role requires visiting parishes at sites across the Diocese.
Applications for the position should include:
• A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role describing how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role;
• Curriculum Vitae.
If you would like more information, a copy of the full job description or to have a confidential chat, please email Ms. Deeanne Martin on [email protected]
Applications Close 10pm Sunday 10 July 2022.
The successful applicant is expected to respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer. The successful applicant will also be subject to a Working with Children Check.