Positon Description (PDF)
The Marist Brothers are an international Catholic religious order with a number of schools throughout Australia and three administration offices located in Brisbane, Melbourne and the Head Office in Sydney. The Marist Centre Sydney aims to be a warm, friendly and welcoming faith community and the person in this important role is integral to this endeavour.
Located 5km south of the CBD and an easy five-minute walk to the Mascot train station and surrounding retail precinct, The Marist Centre Sydney is the heart of the organisation.
Largely autonomous with direct accountability to the Chair of the Marist Centre Sydney Management Committee, this role involves a mix of duties including staffing the main reception area and associated meeting spaces.
Permanent Part Time position commencing as soon as possible.
The hours of work are from 8.30am to 4.30pm, two days per week (to be negotiated).
Key responsibilities include:
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment to all Centre visitors.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly and professionally.
- Greet clients in a professional, warm and friendly manner.
- Assist with mail and couriers – receive, sort, distribute, send, including large mail outs.
- Assist with meetings and events, including organising catering, room set-up and communications, to cleaning up after (involves food handling & dishwasher duties).
- Tidy and maintain reception area, meeting rooms and common spaces and ensure they are well presented at all times.
- Attend to general office maintenance and improvements, including liaising with building manager and contractors.
- Assist with bookings for pool cars and car spaces.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience managing a professional office in a front-of-house role.
- Professional presentation.
- Excellent written, oral and personable communication skills.
- Sound computer literacy across the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (desirable).
- A high level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Highly skilled in dealing with and establishing good working relationships with all office staff, Marist Brothers, Provincial Council members, school representatives, visitors, guests and external agencies.
- Excellent operational knowledge of office equipment, practices and processes, including video conferencing.
- Flexible approach to duties and hours, and can maintain excellent performance levels under pressure.
- Ability to learn quickly and work to deadlines.
- Highly competent in identifying and resolving problems.
- Understand and support the Mission of the Catholic Church and the Marist Brothers.
- Participate in prayer gatherings and liturgical celebrations.
Please forward your application letter and CV to [email protected].
Application close on Monday 4 July 2022.
Applications should be addressed to: Br Darren Burge Vice-Provincial Marist Brothers