The Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for this permanent full time position with Catholic Education Diocese of Wollongong (CEDoW) commencing 10 October 2022 (start date negotiable) until January 2026. This is an initial three-year contract with the possibility of extension or employment in one of the Wollongong Diocesan schools, in consultation with the Head of Service.
As a member of the Catholic Life, Education and Mission Service Area, this position requires significant experience in teaching Religious Education within a secondary setting and the capacity to support the Principal, senior leadership and staff to lead continuous Catholic School Improvement in ’Catholic Life and Mission through the implementation of quality Religious Education. This requires an understanding of the current challenges facing our Catholic Secondary schools and students. The capacity to work collaboratively with schools and the refocused teams to implement initiatives of the Lighting The Way 23+.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
• Witness to faith and the evangelising mission of the Church
• Experience and demonstrated success in leading Continuous Catholic School Improvement.
• The ability to lead, mentor and work collaboratively and professionally to develop the quality of Religious Education
• Capacity to analyse system and school data to identify areas of high performance and emerging issues in learning, teaching and curriculum.
• Commitment to engage professionally with colleagues, students, clergy and the wider school community
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA
• Experience as a Religious Education Coordinator.
• Extensive knowledge and skill in teaching Secondary Religious Education.
• Experience in mentoring and/or coaching teachers.
GENERAL CAPABILITIES applicable to the role:
• Highly developed interpersonal skills
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Competent Information and Communication Technology skills (MS Office and Google Suite).
• Level E Accreditation in accordance with ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Wollongong’ policy.
$132,652.00 + 10.5% Superannuation.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore a Working With Children Check (WWCC) is required prior to your employment with CEDoW.
CEDoW recognises the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in the workplace is central to the mission and success of our schools and offices. To protect the health and safety, applicants must be able to comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of employment with CEDoW.
Applicants are to complete an online application which asks to briefly address the essential criteria (equivalent to 2-3 pages) and submit a short CV (2-3 pages).
To apply now for the above position please go to our website www.dow.catholic.edu.au/employment To be considered for this position you must complete the online application form.
To confidentially discuss your application contact Jo Kenny, Head of Catholic Life, Education and Mission Service area on 0417 148 532.
The Catholic Education Office is an agency of the Catholic Church called to stewardship and service in support of the system of Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Wollongong. Through partnerships with clergy, parents, staff, school leaders and students, the Catholic Education Office contributes to strengthening the Communion of the Church.
Closing date: 12 August 2022 at 5pm