Presided over by the Archbishop, the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne (CAM) is the largest Archdiocese in Australia. It comprises around 1.1 million Catholics with a wide variety of people, cultures, and ministries, providing services and support including pastoral, educational, social welfare, financial and administration services.
About the role
The Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Bookshop in line with the vision and mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne. This includes team leadership, planning, rostering of casuals, managing the ordering and receiving of stock, merchandising and customer service. This role will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Finance team, HR team and other corporate services teams as required to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the store.
• Managing bookshop operations and development in store and online
• Staff management including recruitment and supervision in conjunction with CAM
• Staff rostering, leave and payroll in conjunction with CAM HR
• Product selection
• Stock management – ordering incoming stock, liaising with suppliers, conducting annual stock takes
• Financial management – Bookshop budget, authorise payments to suppliers and other creditors
• Work with the CAM Finance team on results, month end responsibilities and agreed finance systems and processes established at CAM
• Managing advertisements, marketing, and promotions
• Work in conjunction and with the direction of CAM IT for systems management (POS Software, Website, and e-commerce)
• Liaise with landlord and security providers where necessary
• Manage compliance with OHS, Safeguarding and Covid Management obligations
• May be required to work a weekend day periodically
• Relevant qualifications
• Retail management experience
• Staff management experience – including training and supervising staff
• Strong communications skills
• A committed catholic
• Ability to work collaboratively within and across departments, agencies, ministries and parishes of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne and its partners
Why work for CAM
At CAM we live our values:
• Collaborative and can build engagement around a common purpose
• Energy and passion for Gospel Mission – be informed by the needs of the people we serve
• Flexible and agile in how to respond to ever changing needs
• Accountability and delivery
• Foster solutions within the communities
• Stewardship care
As an employee of CAM, you are joining an organisation that’s’ primary purpose is at service of the people of God. Your role will be interesting, challenging and highly rewarding – every day will be different.
You should also join us because….
• We are offering a permanent full-time role working in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD
• You will have the opportunity to become a part of our energetic, driven, and supportive team of people
• We are offering a competitive remuneration package with salary packaging options
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please email us at [email protected]
Employment with CAM is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks. To be successful in this role you must hold valid working rights in Australia
If you would like to find out more about us, please go to http://melbournecatholic.org
Please note: The Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults. It is a requirement across our organisation that all clergy, employees, and volunteers have a valid Police and Working with Children Check.