In Australia our work includes delivering community education and mission engagement programs; forming active partnerships with parishes, community groups, minority and cultural groups and the national schools network; and facilitating a sustainable program of fundraising.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position requires someone who has a passion for mission and a comprehensive understanding of the global issues of aid and development. You must be motivated to make a difference, by harnessing the generosity and philanthropy of others. The role would ideally suit a person who is used to working in areas such as sales and marketing, who is comfortable with talking to people about money and stewardship, who celebrates the power of partnership and collaboration and who can think outside the box.
As Diocesan Director for the Archdiocese of Brisbane and the Diocese of Toowoomba, your primary responsibility is to carry out the national plan for mission formation and fundraising within the diocese, and in doing so maximise the number of people and organisations within the diocese engaging with Catholic Mission; and also to maximise fundraising income to Catholic Mission. You will manage all of the activity for Catholic Mission within the Archdiocese of Brisbane and within the Diocese of Toowoomba. You will contribute beyond just your own position and you will support and be involved in the work of fundraising and education events, sports and community gala days, delivering training sessions, and promoting immersion programs. Finally, you will provide mentoring to the Diocesan Directors of the Dioceses of Rockhampton, Cairns and Townsville.
This is a senior leadership role within Catholic Mission as Mentor Diocesan Director for the Queensland Region and Diocesan Director for the Archdiocese of Brisbane and for the Diocese of Toowoomba. To do well in this role and work as part of the Queensland team, you:
• Will be eligible to work in Australia.
• Will have proven professional experience of at least five (5) years within a Catholic Church position, and/or equivalent professional roles within the sectors of education, marketing, fundraising, or event management.
• Will embrace a flexible work schedule, as weekend work (and occasionally evening work) is part of this role.
• Will adapt to dynamic circumstances quickly and respond with energy.
• Will have fundraising knowledge, interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills that are excellent.
• Will be able to present and deliver information confidently to a range of stakeholders, including supporters and donors of all ages, community leaders and representatives from local businesses.
• Will have proven experience in staff supervision and mentoring, stakeholder management, budget development and control, operational planning and implementation.
• Will have sound computer skills to prepare documents, presentations and spreadsheets and ideally experienced with professional use of social media.
• Must have a solid understanding of the Catholic Church and its structure and be comfortable in communicating with priests and the Bishop.
• Will have your driver’s licence and be willing to travel throughout the Archdiocese of Brisbane and the Diocese of Toowoomba in addition to visiting the Diocesan Directors of the Dioceses of Townsville, Cairns and Rockhampton at least once a year.
• Will be up-to-date with your COVID vaccinations.
• May have some international travel experience or have previously lived and worked in a developing country.
AS PART OF THE TEAM
• You will get to participate in professional development and networking opportunities.
• You will have access to flexible working arrangements with hybrid office/WFH options and time-in-lieu.
• You will enjoy a caring and supportive environment – both within our team and the organisation.
• You will receive extra holiday breaks.
• You will have access to EAP.
• You can arrange salary sacrifice amounts to your superannuation.
• You will receive a mobile phone allowance.
ABOUT CATHOLIC MISSION
Catholic Mission is the Australian agency of the international Pontifical Mission Societies. As the Pope’s international mission agency, we respond to the call to love God and to love our neighbour by forming individuals and communities as missionary disciples of Jesus who share their faith in action and through prayer. For over 100 years in Australia, and 200 years globally, Catholic Mission has been working to support children, communities, and Church leaders by partnering with missionaries in Australia and around the world.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis. Please note:
• The successful applicant is subject to a National Criminal History Check and a Working with Children Check.
• You will be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting an application only if you have been successful in being shortlisted for an interview.