The role is a full-time position on a 12 month fixed term or a flexible job share arrangement for 12 months. The Wellbeing Support Worker is responsible for providing care and wellbeing support to the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Victoria. The work involves the pastoral care of sisters who live independently and sisters who are residents in aged care.
The successful applicant will take guidance and direction from the Regional Leader or her delegate to ensure that holistic quality care is provided. We are looking for someone who is available to work 38 hours per week or in a flexible job share working arrangement, with days and hours of work to be negotiated. The position is classified under the SCHADS Award, Home Care Level 3, hourly rate of $24.76 and $48,926.00 per annum.
If you are qualified and have experience in aged, community care or pastoral care and want to work in a caring environment as part of a small and dedicated team, then this role is for you.
All staff are expected to act in a manner consistent with the ethos and mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
Applicants are encouraged to read our Adult and Child Safeguarding Commitment Statement which is contained on the SOSJ website under the heading of ‘Safeguarding’.
• Identify and describe the care needs of individual sisters so that holistic care is provided
• Visit sisters living independently on a regular basis and assist with transport to appointments if required
• Visit sisters in hospital and assist with washing if required
• Provide emotional and pastoral care and support, especially by visiting and offering occasional recreational outings and/or visits to family members
• Meet regularly with the executive group of the Pastoral Care Team
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (SELECTION CRITERIA):
• Certificate III in Community Services or Aged Care or equivalent, or suitable qualifications in pastoral care.
• Experience in working with elderly people is desirable.
• Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Good time management skills and ability to prioritise.
• A positive and caring attitude
• The ability to work independently and with initiative and flexibility
• An understanding of the principles of privacy and confidentiality
• A valid driver’s license
All successful applicants will be asked to consent to a national criminal history (police) check. For further information about the Sisters of Saint Joseph, please visit www.sosj.org.au. For more information about the role, please contact Human Resources via [email protected]. Applications, which need to include a cover letter outlining your suitability for this role (based on the above selection criteria) and a CV (resume), should be submitted via email to [email protected] by COB 7 October 2022.