Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
Job Title: Province Archivist
Organization: Redemptorist Province of Oceania
Location: Kogarah, NSW, 2217 with an office in a purpose-built archive building.
Employment Type: Full-time or part-time.
Remuneration: Commensurate with industry award, qualifications and experience.
About The Redemptorists
The Redemptorist Province of Oceania is a missionary congregation comprised of priests, brothers and dedicated lay partners, committed to proclaiming the Gospel to those on the margins. With communities across Australia, New Zealand, Samoa and China, and with historical connections to missions in The Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Ireland and England, our rich history reflects our enduring commitment to mission in Oceania since 1882. Our archives tell the story of our charism lived with commitment by those Redemptorists over the past 141 years, and by those currently engaged in a new multicultural mission.
The Redemptorists are in search of a dedicated and passionate archivist to continue the crucial responsibility of preserving and sharing the treasures of our Redemptorist heritage. This role plays a vital part in making our history and charism accessible to both current and future generations.
• Support the goals of the Redemptorists in archival activities.
• Organize, catalogue, and safeguard historical records and artifacts.
• Maintain and update archival databases and filing systems.
• Respond to research requests from the Redemptorist and wider community.
• Oversee the management of the collection, including digitising projects.
• Handle delicate documents and artifacts with care.
• Serve as a bridge between the past and the present to communicate the wisdom, traditions and stories of the Redemptorist mission in Oceania.
• A profound interest in history and archival work.
• Tertiary qualifications or previous employment in archival projects.
• Strong knowledge, skills and some previous experience in archival practices.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
• A capacity to work both independently and within a team.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills.
• Supportive of the ethos of the Catholic Church and the Redemptorist mission.
• A unique opportunity to contribute to the preservation of the Redemptorists’ rich history.
• Flexibility in terms of a full-time or part-time position.
• A collaborative and supportive work environment with members of the Provincial Office.
• Connections with other Redemptorist archivists around the world, particularly in Rome.
• Opportunities for professional development in the field of archiving.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters by November 30, 2023 to
- Bill Goldman CSsR, Provincial Office: Email: [email protected].
Please include in a resume all relevant experience, as well as a helpful statement about your interest and skills in archiving and working with Redemptorists.
Redemptorists are committed to promoting the safety, wellbeing, and dignity of all people. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities and diversity in the workplace. We adhere to all relevant Australian anti-discrimination and equal employment opportunity legislation. We wholeheartedly encourage individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences to apply. Our organization is fervently committed to preserving our rich history and sharing our mission with the world, and we welcome applications from candidates who share our dedication to this vital work.