Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
About St Agnes’ Catholic Parish
Located in Port Macquarie on the idyllic Mid North Coast of NSW, St Agnes’ Catholic Parish is a highly respected and reputable Parish that serves a vibrant and diverse community. The Parish borders extend east to Lord Howe Island, south to Lake Cathie, north to Telegraph Point and west to Rawdon Island.
Employing c.680 people with a further c.300 volunteers, St Agnes’ Catholic Parish is a unique and dynamic not-for-profit organisation, providing primary and secondary education, early education, aged care, retirement living and community services to the region. The Parish is currently on an exciting journey of change and growth as we seek to develop and execute innovative approaches that support the local community.
The Parish is seeking to appoint a Parish Business Manager/CEO as the current CEO relocates to another role within the Diocese after 10 years of service as CEO and over 30 years of service to the Parish.
This role is critical in developing and maintaining the sustainability, effectiveness and legacy of the Parish’s services and its companies ensuring delivery of the Parish Strategic Plan.
The Parish Business Manager/CEO will provide exceptional organisational, financial and inspirational people focussed leadership. They will deliver visionary, decisive, energetic and empowering outcomes. A gifted and passionate communicator, they will bring the focus of the Catholic mission to the heart of all Parish services.
Working closely and collaboratively with our Parish Priest, boards, committees, leadership teams, staff and the wider Parish community they will set the standards for the organisation and model excellence in ethics, loyalty, commitment, and stewardship.
To be successful in this multi-faceted and pivotal role, you will demonstrate the following attributes:
- An actively engaged faith filled individual who has the courage and ability to articulate and share their faith in public forums and in the workplace
- Significant executive level experience, ideally in a faith-based organisation managing a similar service industry portfolio (aged care, early education, community services, disability services and/or other relevant sectors) and who has demonstrated success in advocating within these sectors
- Exemplary organisational leadership and management skills with a demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate
- Strong commercial and financial acumen with a depth of experience in strategic planning and reporting
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills with highly developed relationship building and networking attributes
- Demonstrable experience working with and reporting directly to a Company Board(s) and/or Parish Finance Council(s)
- Sound knowledge of the legislative environment, industry standards, compliance requirements relevant to the non-government and not for profit sectors.
Whilst not a prerequisite, tertiary qualifications in business, accounting, leadership or other applicable disciplines would be highly regarded.
In order to apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, please provide a current CV and a cover letter/personal statement that addresses the criteria above.