Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
Our Lady of Dolours Catholic Parish Chatswood is seeking a dynamic permanent full-time Business Manager, with a proven ability to collaborate effectively on projects and deliver outcomes to support ongoing development and leading business operations including financial management, procurement, site infrastructure, governance and compliance, risk management and office administration.
This is an exciting role working on a site with multiple precincts and identified plans for growth where your guidance and expertise will assist with the next phase of growth.
- Provide commercial advice and support, drive cost efficient initiatives, promote revenue growth and optimise the sustainability of the organisation.
- Drive a strategic approach to financial leadership, preparing and analysing financial reports to develop and present insights into the organisation’s financial performance, monitoring budget performance and reporting variances.
- Identify, design and execute growth strategies, supporting strategic and master planning projects, administering and managing multiple commercial leases on a complex precinct.
- Manage the administration functions of the office including annually reviewing office procedures, ensuring the organisation has contemporary and compliant ICT capabilities including continuation of business-critical applications.
- Ensure the office is compliant with legislative, regulatory and organisational requirements, including providing advice and guidance on WHS obligations, coordinating the upkeep and security of facilities.
Applicants are required to provide a written statement which addresses each of the selection criteria below. Suitability for the position will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, business administration or a related field;
- An understanding of the Catholic Church and the nuances of working for a faith based organisation;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in providing commercial advice and successfully supporting growth, driving cost efficiencies, promoting revenue growth and optimising the sustainability;
- High level skills in financial and accounting procedures including management accounting, management reporting and report analysis, budget preparation and monitoring, financial processes and procedures, preparation of BAS, ACNC reporting and annual budgets;
- Previous experience supporting a board or management committee including preparation of papers, minutes, agendas, report preparation and monitoring of action items arising from meetings;
- Ability to administer and monitor external ICT providers including ensuring business continuity of business-critical application, data security, permissions and provision for ICT capital expenditure;
- Ability to oversee the management of parish facilities including asset management cycles, 5-year maintenance budget forecasting, administration of insurance policies, WHS obligations, and trade and contractor supervision;
- Previous experience in the administration of basic commercial leases;
- Ability to manage and oversee special projects such as renovations and refurbishment;
- Previous experience in supervising an office or administration team including bookkeeping and administration personnel;
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and proven previous experience in complex stakeholder management;
- High level computer skills including in MYOB and Microsoft Office Suite applications and proficiency in other contemporary computer applications including online video conferencing applications such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
How to apply
Visit our website for more information including how to apply:
Applications close Friday 24 February 2023.