Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
Dominican Education Australia (DEA) is a Ministerial PJP which has oversight of the six education ministries located in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney which were previously the responsibility of three Dominican Congregations. The Board of Trustees of DEA, in collaboration with each of the incorporated Ministry Boards, strives to ensure the school’s Catholicity, fidelity to the Dominican charism, formation of Board members, excellence in teaching and learning, and financial stability.
Reporting to the DEA Ltd Board through the Board Chair, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will be responsible for the delivery of professional governance services in support of mission-focussed governance and leadership of schools within the DEA network. The CEO will manage strategic external relationships with key stakeholders, and co-ordinate collaborative networks across the DEA ministries. The CEO will develop and implement sound policies and processes that ensure DEA flourishes as a Catholic education ministry grounded in Gospel values and the Dominican charism. The CEO will also support effective communication, strategic planning, Board reporting requirements, and the management of administrative and compliance matters for DEA.
This role is a permanent full-time position for an initial period of 3 years with the possibility of renewal. Consideration will be given to suitable candidates who are seeking a part-time arrangement (minimum 4 days per week). The role is presently based at Hunters Hill (NSW) but for the right candidate Melbourne or Adelaide may be possible.
The Chief Executive Officer will ideally possess the following experience, knowledge and qualifications:
- A demonstrated commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church, and a willingness to inspire and promote a positive organisation culture that supports the mission of the Church and DEA
- Substantial mission-focussed governance experience, including a thorough grasp of related civil and canon law principles
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A commitment to developing a deepening understanding of the Dominican story, its charism and traditions, and the mission of DEA
- Business/financial administration experience or qualifications.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with all stakeholders, and to maintain a sensitive and respectful understanding of different organisational cultures and histories
- Highly developed emotional intelligence and relationship-building skills
- AICD qualification or similar governance training, or readiness to undertake same
- Experience in leadership or senior management in the Australian Catholic education context or a Church body would be seen as desirable
The CEO will be required to travel between Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne.
Enquiries and Application Process
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and for a copy of the Position Description, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH HR on 0402 210 055 or [email protected]
Applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter (addressing how your knowledge, experience, qualifications and personal attributes align with the above Key Requirements); and
and be sent to Anthony Spata at [email protected]
Applications close 17 February 2023.
Other Relevant Information
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement in the role.
All staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence as a condition of employment. Providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Dominican Education Australia.
Only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this position.