Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
You’ll find creative, new ways to tell the Mary MacKillop Today story, amplify the voices of those who are on the margins and grow support for MMT’s programs in Australia and internationally. Build the brand of the organisation to create engagement and partnership with external stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the CEO, The Communications and Marketing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of Mary MacKillop Today’s strategic communications and media engagement, including website content and development, and social media for a range of audiences. Specifically, you will:
- Develop and execute a revitalised Communications strategy and an annual business plan
- In collaboration with the Fundraising Director, oversee the design, delivery and measurement of multi-channelled engagement campaigns and events
- Oversee the research, planning, writing and design of compelling content
- Increase the visibility of MMT through existing and innovative channels
- Lead and inspire a team of two to extend the reach of MMT’s story
Mary MacKillop Today is an international community development organisation. They work with vulnerable individuals and communities regardless of their faith, ethnicity or gender and are committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas they work around the world.
Working to their values of Faith, Courage, Accountability, Respectfulness and Excellence, Mary MacKillop Today helps create generational change through the teaching of practical life skills to women, men and children in Australia and beyond.
For further details regarding Mary MacKillop Today, please visit https://www.marymackilloptoday.org.au/
What you bring
You are currently operating at a senior level in a similar role leading external communications and marketing, issues management and developing community engagement. Via your already successful career you are able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful campaigns and messaging
- People leadership and knowledge of communications and marketing metrics
- Advanced writing, editing and verbal communication skills with expertise in crafting engaging content for a variety of channels and audiences
- An interest in international humanitarian affairs and domestic community social services issues
- Tertiary qualifications or higher in communications, journalism, PR, marketing or equivalent
How to apply
We’d love to see your current CV and cover letter addressing the skills required section of the advertisement. Please submit your application using the link provided.
We may begin interviewing and close advertising once we have received enough relevant applications. As long as the advertisement is live, we are accepting applications. If you feel you meet most of the skills under the “what you bring” section above, please don’t delay and submit as soon as you can.
We believe a diverse workplace is a happy workplace and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from CALD backgrounds and people with disabilities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or parental status. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to be made for your application to be assessed we are more than happy to discuss how that can be arranged.