Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Take your next career step
- For-purpose employer
- Full-time role with hybrid work arrangement
The Marist Brothers is an international Catholic religious order. Our mission is in education, social justice and supporting the poor and marginalised. The Star of the Sea Province (“Province”), whose headquarters are based in Mascot, Sydney, encompasses eleven countries within Oceania and South-East Asia.
About the Position
This newly created position reports to and works closely with the Vice-Provincial of the Marist Brothers. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing an inclusive communications network, ensuring close alignment with the mission and vision of the Province, and capturing the diversity of Marist life and ministry expressed across many cultures
- Fostering a highly effective digital and social media communications strategy across a range of social media platforms
- Collaborating closely with a range of key stakeholders to ensure an awareness of and sensitivity to different cultures, and the use of appropriate forms of communication
- Managing the Province website, digital publications and social media platforms, including both uploading content generated by others and writing some content
- Building and managing our online communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with a few years’ communications experience and looking to take their next career step in the communications field.
Working in a friendly and inclusive Marist family environment, you will thrive on working collaboratively in a team environment, be committed to service excellence and strive to achieve continual improvement.
You will have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to balance multiple priorities while possessing a can-do attitude. All staff are expected to respect privacy and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
In particular, as the ideal candidate you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a communications discipline such as communications management or public relations
- Experience in communications and marketing management
- Breadth of experience in the creation of digital and social media content
- Experience in web strategy, SEO, analytics tools, Microsoft Office and Adobe suite applications, Canva and CMS
- Willingness to support the promotion of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the life and mission of the Province
- Excellent interpersonal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to link with and demonstrate sensitivity to a range of cultures and communities.
What’s on Offer?
By working with us you will have the opportunity to:
- Work for an organisation that strives to support the poor and marginalised
- Work two days a week from home and request other flexible work arrangements
- Salary sacrifice (which may increase your take-home pay).
Enquiries and Application Process
To obtain a copy of the Position Description or enquire about the role, please contact Nevine Piperides at Reach HR on 0418 698 327 or [email protected]
Applications should be sent in confidence directly to [email protected] and include a resume and cover letter. The cover letter must outline your experience and suitability for the role, in particular, how you meet each of the Key Requirements outlined above.
Applications close Sunday, 18 February 2024.
Additional Information for Applicants
The successful applicant must be eligible to work in Australia. Employment screening procedures are mandatory for this role, including a National Criminal History Check and Working with Children Check.
The Trustees of the Marist Brothers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to Safeguarding by providing a safe environment for all, and we have a zero tolerance of the abuse of children and vulnerable persons.