Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Join a great team
- Support those making a difference in the lives of others
- Permanent, part-time role based in Lismore, NSW
The Emerging Futures Collaborative Limited (EFCL) is an innovative ministry established by a collaborative of Catholic Religious Institutes in Australia, to address an emerging need in religious life for transition and support services.
EFCL engages variously skilled support staff to assist members of these religious institutes across a range of geographic locations, settings, and congregational groupings.
The Presentation Sisters Lismore is one of EFCL’s Service Partners and is comprised of 21 Sisters with differing living arrangements in Lismore and surrounds. As part of its responsibility to provide support services to the Presentation Sisters Lismore, EFCL seeks to engage a Community Administrator.
About the Role
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, EFCL, you will provide proactive administrative support to the Sisters, including day-to day management of their telecommunications issues, making travel arrangements, and assisting them with matters related to banking, credit cards, service and maintenance.
You will provide general office support including typing, printing and photocopying of documents, scanning and filing of records, collection and distribution of mail, and storage and retrieval of archival materials as required.
Using your strong organisational and time management skills, you will assist with the coordination of jubilees, birthdays and other events.
The role is a permanent, part-time role (22.8 hours a week) with some flexibility regarding the days to be worked.
Your extensive experience in providing general administration and office support is key to this role. Just as important is your empathy to the needs of others and can-do approach to work.
Specifically, as the ideal candidate for this role, you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Extensive experience in administrative, executive assistant and/or financial support roles gained in a service delivery environment, such as a social service or aged care agency.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, written and verbal communication, listening and work presentation skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office suite and importantly Excel, and strong user expertise in MYOB or similar accounting software.
- Self-starter with demonstrated capacity to multi-task and work in a timely, efficient and well-organised manner while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously when required and be an active, positive, and collegial contributor within a small team.
- Ability to act with empathy and genuine interest in each Sister’s situation and to maintain tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Willingness to understand and align with the mission and charism of the Presentations Sisters Lismore.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- National Police Check and Working With Children Check clearance and willingness to maintain an up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination status as determined from time to time by the Commonwealth Government.
What’s on Offer?
- The opportunity to work for a mission-focussed organisation that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Negotiable days and span of hours.
- Diverse range of duties.
Enquiries and Application Process
To obtain a copy of the Position Description or enquire about the role, please contact Nevine Piperides at Reach HR on 0418 698 327 or [email protected].
Applications should be sent directly to [email protected] and must include a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must outline your experience and suitability for the role, in particular, how you meet each of the Key Requirements outlined above.
Applications close Sunday, 3 March 2024, however interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered and shortlisted (if suitable) as they are received.
As this is an ongoing role, only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia will be considered.