Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Aged care focus
- Supportive team environment
- Permanent, part-time role based in Wagga Wagga
The Emerging Futures Collaborative Limited (EFCL) is an innovative ministry established by a collaborative of Catholic Religious Institutes in Australia, to address an emerging need in religious life for transition and support services. The Presentation Sisters Wagga Wagga is one of EFCL’s Service Partners.
The Wagga Wagga Congregation is comprised of 18 Sisters with differing living arrangements in Wagga Wagga and surrounds. As part of their responsibility to provide support services to the Presentation Sisters Wagga Wagga, EFCL seeks to engage a Community Coordinator.
About the Role
The Community Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring the Sisters, both individually and collectively, are supported to continue to live their religious life and mission in a way that enhances their wellbeing.
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager EFCL, you will provide holistic care and support to each Sister, including pastoral care, spiritual and practical support; and ensure that supports and resources are appropriate to the Sisters’ needs, escalating matters as required.
You will maintain regular contact with and advocate on behalf of the Sisters and represent them in interactions with agencies such as Centrelink and aged care providers.
Using your exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, you will develop and maintain positive relationships, provide companionship to each Sister, assist the Sisters in maintaining connections with their family and friends and assist them in their communications and IT needs.
You will support the celebration of important Congregation and individual events such as birthdays and jubilees, and maintain connections with broader Presentation networks, including those in Sydney.
Ensuring confidence and discretion, you will manage each Sister’s personal documents, including legal and financial documents.
The role is a permanent, part-time role (22.8 hours a week) with negotiable days and hours.
Your experience in in providing care, support, and coordination in a community setting is key to this role. Just as important is your capacity to know and understand each Sister in order to meet individual needs.
Specifically, as the ideal candidate for this role, you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Relevant qualifications in pastoral care, social work or a related field; and knowledge and understanding of spiritual care practices and diverse spiritual needs.
- Proven experience in providing care, support, and coordination within a community or religious setting and familiarity with legal and administrative requirements related to aged care, power of attorney and guardianship.
- Ability to understand and align with the mission and charism of the Presentation Sisters Wagga Wagga, and interest in learning the history, life, mission and ethos of the Congregation.
- Ability to act with empathy and genuine interest in each Sister’s situation and to maintain tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Current Driver’s Licence and access to a fully insured and maintained motor vehicle.
- National Police Check clearance and willingness to maintain an up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination status as determined from time to time by the Commonwealth Government.
What’s on Offer?
- The opportunity to work for a mission-focussed organisation that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Negotiable days and span of hours.
- Per kilometer travel reimbursement for use of personal motor vehicle.
Enquiries and Application Process
To obtain a copy of the Position Description or enquire about the role, please contact Anthony Spata at Reach HR on 0402 210 055 or [email protected].
Applications should be sent directly to [email protected] and must include a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must outline your experience and suitability for the role, in particular, how you meet each of the Key Requirements outlined above.
Applications close 27 February 2024, however interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered and shortlisted (if suitable) as they are received.
As this is an ongoing role, only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia will be considered.