Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- 4 June, 2023
In Australia our work includes delivering community education and mission engagement programs; forming active partnerships with parishes, community groups, minority and cultural groups and the national schools network; and facilitating a sustainable program of fundraising.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position requires someone who has a passion for mission and a comprehensive understanding of the global issues of aid and development. You must be motivated to make a difference, by harnessing the generosity and philanthropy of others. The role would ideally suit a person who is used to working in areas such as sales and marketing, who is comfortable with talking to people about money and stewardship, who celebrates the power of partnership and collaboration and who can think outside the box.
As Diocesan Director for the Diocese of Cairns, your primary responsibility is to carry out the national plan for mission formation and fundraising within the diocese, and in doing so maximise the number of people and organisations within the diocese engaging with Catholic Mission; and also to maximise fundraising income to Catholic Mission. You will manage all of the activity for Catholic Mission within the Diocese of Cairns. You will contribute beyond just your own position and you will support and be involved in the work of fundraising and education events, sports and community gala days, delivering training sessions, and promoting immersion programs.
You will be mentored by the Diocesan Director of the Archdiocese of Brisbane and will report to the National Director in Catholic Mission. To do well in this role and be part of the QLD Regional Team, you will need:
- To be eligible to work in Australia.
- To embrace a flexible work schedule, as weekend work (and occasionally evening work) is part of this role.
- To adapt to dynamic circumstances quickly and respond with energy.
- Excellent fundraising knowledge and have superb inter-personal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- To be able to present and deliver information confidently to a range of stakeholders, including supporters and donors of all ages, community leaders and representatives from local businesses.
- To have a solid understanding of the Catholic Church and its structure and be comfortable in communicating with priests and the Bishop.
- To have your driver’s licence and be willing to travel throughout the Diocese of Cairns.
- To be up-to-date with your COVID vaccinations.
- You may have some international travel experience or have previously lived and worked in a developing country.
AS PART OF THE TEAM
- You will have the opportunity to be mentored by the Diocesan Director for the Archdiocese of Brisbane and work collaboratively with the QLD Regional team.
- You will get to participate in professional development and networking opportunities.
- You will have access to flexible working arrangements with hybrid office/WFH options and time-in-lieu.
- You will enjoy a caring and supportive environment – both within our team and the organisation.
- You will receive extra holiday breaks.
- You will have access to EAP.
- You can arrange salary sacrifice amounts to your superannuation.
- You will receive a mobile phone allowance.
ABOUT CATHOLIC MISSION
Catholic Mission is the Australian agency of the international Pontifical Mission Societies. As the Pope’s international mission agency, we respond to the call to love God and to love our neighbour by forming individuals and communities as missionary disciples of Jesus who share their faith in action and through prayer. For over 100 years in Australia, and 200 years globally, Catholic Mission has been working to support children, communities, and Church leaders by partnering with missionaries in Australia and around the world.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
- The successful applicant is subject to a National Criminal History Check and a Working with Children
- You will be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting an application only if you have been successful in being shortlisted for an interview.