Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Palms Australia has 62 years’ experience in engaging with grass roots organisations seeking sustainable solutions to poverty in their communities. We recruit qualified and experienced Australians to assist a requesting organisation achieve their community development goals. We thoroughly prepare and support those we recruit for mutual and sustainable development in solidarity with their counterparts. Since January 2018, program participants have been placed with partner organisations in countries including Timor Leste, Papua New Guinea, Kiribati, Samoa, South Africa, Thailand, and American Samoa. Currently there are also requests for personnel from partners in Uganda, Zambia, Solomon Islands, Philippines, and Cambodia. The strategic aim of the organisation is to increase the placement of skilled and experienced Australians to 12-15 per year in the next 3 years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As one of six staff and a member of the board of directors, Palms Australia’s Executive Director (ED) is responsible for strategic positioning and day to day operations in a way that promotes Palms vision and mission. The Executive Director is responsible for financial and human resources. The role requires domestic and possible international travel.
HOW TO APPLY
More detail about Palms and its activities can be found at www.palms.org.au.
For a confidential conversation about the role, contact the Board Chair, Liz Stone on 0437402884.
The application should consist of a covering letter indicating your motivation for applying and how you meet the position requirements as well as include an up-to-date Resume.
Applications close on Friday 30 September 2023 and should be marked Confidential and sent by email to [email protected]
Role: Executive Director, Palms Australia
Reports to: Board of Directors of Palms Australia
Contract: 3 years renewable
Salary Package up to $152,000 – salary packaging benefits may be available
Commencement: January 2024
The successful applicant will be a person:
- With an understanding of, and commitment to, Catholic Social Teaching principles, particularly Solidarity, and Gospel values
- Of insight, with a strong strategic sense while still being responsive to emergent issues.
- Who has demonstrated a commitment to working passionately for change in cross cultural settings
- Who builds strong and effective partnerships
- Who is results driven and leads collaboratively and by example
- Who can communicate clearly and persuasively to various stakeholders
- Who is familiar with current issues in international development and delivery at the local level.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate successful experience in:
- Living and/or working in a cross-cultural environment
- Strategic positioning and implementing organisational change.
- Attracting and engaging skilled and committed staff and office volunteers.
- Leading teams or organisations with responsibility for staff, budget, facilities, and organisational culture
- Building networks of influence with stakeholders and other decision-makers in supporting community development.
- An existing professional network within field/s related to Palms’ work.
- Experience working in a faith-based organisation.