Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Diverse leadership role
- Strategic and operational focus
- Full-time opportunity based in Parramatta
The Sisters of Mercy Parramatta, a Catholic women’s religious congregation founded in 1888, are engaged in different roles in education facilities and parishes; spirituality and retreat centres; adult education and faith formation ministries; advocacy and social justice groups and agencies; and in neighbouring developing countries such as Papua New Guinea.
Over the 130 years since the foundation of the Parramatta Congregation, the Sisters have continued to respond to the changingneeds of the local and global population. The Sisters work with practical application of the Mercy values that underpin all that takes place – mercy, human dignity, justice, service and option for the poor.
The Sisters’ administration is located at the Congregation Centre in Parramatta, and they are seeking an experienced and driven Executive Manager to lead their strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Congregational Leader and working closely with the Congregation Bursar, you will provide high-level leadership of the Congregation’s financial activities; financial management; investments; contracts; technology; properties; and capital works.
You will work in collaboration with Congregation Committees, providing financial expertise and strategic insight, and will act as the primary interface between the Committees and the Congregational Leadership Team.
You will contribute to planning for the Congregation’s future and coordinate and supervise legal matters, regulatory compliance and reporting obligations.
You will have responsibility for quality assurance; for developing and managing internal control systems; and ensuring contemporary and efficient financial, HR, payroll and records management policies, procedures and systems.
The position is a full-time role based at the Congregation Centre office in Victoria Road, Parramatta.
Key to this role is your extensive, senior-level experience in finance, accounting and/or general management, and your willingness to support the vision and mission of the Sisters of Mercy.
Just as important is your ability to think and work strategically and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
Specifically, as the ideal candidate you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications (and membership of an appropriate professional association) in a relevant field such as accountancy, law, or finance
- Significant experience in finance/accounting/ general management at a senior level and strong working knowledge of all aspects of financial operations, statutory requirements and compliance obligations
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate support, advice and reporting to the Leadership Team, Committees and other stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively and to develop positive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, use initiative, and to actively manage staff and processes
- Excellent attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills
- Competency in the use of IT systems
- A high degree of discretion, confidentiality and professional judgement
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritise work and manage competing priorities to meet deadlines
- Reliability and punctuality; and willingness to be flexible with working hours as required.
If you believe you meet the above Key Requirements, then we would love to hear from you!
Enquiries and Application Process
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and for a copy of the Position Description, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH HR on 0402 210 055 or [email protected] .
Applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter (addressing how your knowledge, experience, qualifications and personal attributes align with the above Key Requirements); and
and be sent to Anthony Spata at [email protected] .
Applications close 13 February 2023.
Other Relevant Information
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement in the role.
All staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence as a condition of employment. Providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sisters of Mercy Parramatta.
The Sisters of Mercy Parramatta are committed to ensuring zero tolerance of abuse in all its forms by creating a culture of safety and respect for all.
Only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this position.