Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Diverse role with operations focus
- Mission-focussed organisation
- Full-time opportunity based in Parramatta
The Sisters of Mercy Parramatta, a Catholic women’s religious congregation founded in 1888, is engaged in different roles in education facilities and parishes; spirituality and retreat centres; adult education and faith formation ministries; advocacy and social justice groups and agencies; and in neighbouring countries such as Papua New Guinea.
Over the 130 years since the foundation of the Parramatta Congregation, the Sisters have continued to respond tothe changing needs of the local and global population. The Sisters work with practical application of the Mercy values that underpin all their efforts – mercy, human dignity, justice, service and option for the poor.
The Sisters’ adminstration is located at the Congregation Centre in Parramatta, and they are seeking an experienced Finance and Office Manager to lead and drive the operational activities of the Centre office.
As the successful Finance and Office Manager, you will drive the effective and efficient operational management of the Congregation Centre office, identifying opportunities for change.
You will have overarching responsibility for key operational areas of activity including financial management; payroll; HR/employment matters; IT; property maintenance; contractor management; fleet management; and general administration.
You will oversight and guide the Congregation Centre staff in relation to their administrative duties, and review business processes, systems and practices, making recommendations as required to the Congregational Leadership Team.
You will prepare and provide financial and business reports and analyses and input into the strategic initiatives of the Congregation.
The position is a full-time role based at the Congregation Centre office in Victoria Road, Parramatta.
Key to this role is your leadership and operations experience and willingness to support the life, mission and charism of the Sisters of Mercy.
Just as important is your ability to establish and build strong working relationships with staff, colleagues and internal and external stakeholders.
Specifically, as the ideal candidate you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (including membership of a professional association such as CPA/ICA), and strong working knowledge of all aspects of financial and business operations, including statutory requirements and compliance obligations
- High level of competency in the use of IT systems (MYOB, Office 365, Single Touch Payroll) and other Microsoft applications)
- Change management skills and proven leadership ability
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to develop positive relationships with staff, Committees, Sisters and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality; to multi-task; and to prioritise tasks to meet deadline
- Reliability and punctuality; and willingness to be flexible with working hours as required.
Enquiries and Application Process
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity and for a copy of the Position Description, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH Human Resources on 0402 210 055 or [email protected] .
Applications must include the following:
- Cover Letter (addressing how your knowledge, experience, qualifications and personal attributes align with the above Key Requirements); and
and be sent to Anthony Spata at [email protected] .
Applications close 7 December 2022.
Other Relevant Information
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement in the role.
All staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence as a condition of employment. Providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sisters of Mercy Parramatta.
The Sisters of Mercy Parramatta are committed to ensuring zero tolerance of abuse in all its forms by creating a culture of safety and respect for all.
Only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia may apply for this position.