Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
Nazareth Care is a fully accredited, not-for-profit residential aged care provider with facilities in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, Western Australia and New Zealand. A subsidiary of the Congregation of the Sisters of Nazareth, Nazareth Care provides excellence in person centred and clinical care, with respect and compassion for all – ‘Aged Care from the heart’.
We are currently seeking a General Manager of Mission to join our dynamic team on a Part Time basis. Working closely with the CEO and leadership team, including Regional Superior of the Congregation, the role will see you providing strong, inclusive leadership that strengthens and facilitates the Mission of Nazareth Care.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting and promoting the Mission and Values of Nazareth Care.
- Providing vision and leadership for Mission in partnership with the leadership team.
- Embedding Mission-aligned leadership practices; educating teams and caregivers, often on-site, throughout the organization.
- Orientation of new leaders to the Mission and Values of Nazareth Care.
- Assisting with a review of the orientation program at all sites.
- Implementing group-wide Mission initiatives and key events.
- Reporting on service performance, resident outcomes and incidents/hazards to the relevant meetings
- Supporting the continued growth and development of pastoral services
- Building positive relationships with the organization, Congregation, like organisations and local Dioceses.
- Enhancing resident care; implementing quality improvements/risk management into all aspects of service within the scope of the role.
- Experience in Community Service / Health / the Aged Care sector
- Ability to integrate the Mission and Values of Nazareth Care into a stringent regulatory framework.
- An understanding of the roles of governance and compliance.
- An understanding of the structures of faith-based organisations.
- Knowledge of, or preparedness to learn about Catholic Social teaching and National Catholic Safeguarding Standards.
- Ability to build relationships between ministries of the Church and/or Congregation.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on Mission-aligned leadership.
What we can offer you:
- Not for Profit Salary Packaging – up to $18,550 tax free
- Continuing professional development.
- A family friendly organisation that values its employees.
- Rewards Program, Retail Discounts and other benefits.
- A friendly and supportive team environment.
Nazareth Care prides itself on fostering an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be successful you must meet the selection criteria as well as having a current Police Check (or willing to obtain one) and evidence of Flu and COVID Vaccines + Booster, due to the environment of work within aged care. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
This is a great opportunity in a vibrant organisation. We value: Love, Compassion, Respect, Patience, Justice and Hospitality. Make a difference and apply now via [email protected].
Applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.