Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Align to the Mission, Vision and Values of the Sisters of Mercy
- Provide strategic leadership for the managers and staff of the Congregation
- Located at Nudgee, Brisbane
The Brisbane Congregation of the Sisters of Mercy is a group of Catholic women founded in Brisbane in 1861. The Sisters draw their inspiration from Catherine McAuley who founded the Sisters of Mercy in Ireland in 1831 and Mother Vincent (Ellen) Whitty who founded the Brisbane Congregation. Currently, the Brisbane Congregation has approximately 102 members and the Sisters continue their work to respond to the needs of those experiencing poverty, disadvantage and exclusion through a commitment to mercy and justice and compassion.
OnTalent is delighted to partner with the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation, to recruit the position of General Manager which is located at the Congregation Office at Nudgee. Reporting to the Congregation Leader, this executive leadership position will provide oversight and management of the commercial, financial and administrative activities of the congregation while supporting the needs of the Sisters.
In this role you will provide the Congregation Leader and Congregation Leadership Team with strategic advice regarding identification and assessment of external commercial and mission focused opportunities for the Congregation. You will promote a positive culture and design innovative processes that enable staff to manage the affairs of the Congregation and its members and develop and maintain strong relationships with other Mercy organisations, regulatory bodies and government agencies.
To be considered for this fulfilling opportunity, we are seeking candidates with the following experience, knowledge and attributes:
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or capacity to understand, work within the mission, vision and values of the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation Office and associated sites.
- Strategic planning skills in relation to the commercial and mission focused activities of the Congregation.
- Strong financial management experience and oversight of the development and implementation of contemporary policies and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant Legislation and Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate a small yet diverse team to ensure effective service delivery and compliant operational management practices.
- An ability to manage multiple and competing priorities, work proactively, as well as respond flexibly and collaboratively in order to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and present information with confidence.
- Demonstrated integrity, sensitivity to issues of privacy and confidentiality and an ethical approach to decision making
To request a Success Profile or for a confidential discussion, enquiries can be made to Robyn Titmus, Senior Client Partner at OnTalent on 07 3305 5800 or by email to: [email protected].
To be considered, please submit your resume and 1–2-page cover letter (Word format) by selecting the “apply now” function.
OnTalent is committed to storing and utilising your information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. For further information regarding this please visit: https://www.ontalent.com.au/privacy-policy.