Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Develop your aged care career in a supportive, person-focused environment
- ISMAPNG is in search of dedicated individuals who take a holistic view of a person’s health and wellbeing, with a strong desire to identify and plan for their changing needs
- Facilitate access to services which enable an older person to continue living independently in their home
- Engage in wellbeing activities which provide meaningful purpose
- The perfect role for someone with knowledge of services available in the community
The position will provide support to sisters of Mercy residing in the Albury area, with occasional travel to Wodonga. Most sisters reside in the community setting with a small number living in residential aged care facilities. The primary purpose in the community is to monitor and plan for health and wellbeing needs into the future, develop engagement with wellbeing activities, promote healthy ageing, and assist with referral and assessment for Government subsidized services which support a person to receive care in their home.
You will have experience working in a caring role and understanding of the physical and social needs of others. The ability to support others to maintain their independence and plan for future needs. To support Sisters who are experiencing difficulties adjusting to the ageing process, act as an advocate with their health-related issues and promote their wellbeing. Prior knowledge of My Aged Care would be advantageous. Ensure all communication is respectful and privacy is maintained.
Skills and experience:
- Background in health, caring for others, community care, welfare, health and wellbeing.
- A strong desire to work with the elderly and promote independence
- Able to take a holistic view of a person’s health & wellbeing
- Competent written and verbal communications skills and basic computer skills.
This is a 1-year maximum term part time position working 15 hours per week (3 shifts), with the potential for additional hours. Flexibility in work days may be required and would be highly regarded.
You will be paid an hourly rate commensurate with the requirements of the role. Please note, you will need to have a current driver’s licence and have the ability to travel to areas throughout Albury/Wodonga. Travel will be required on a needs basis and in consultation with the Community Leader and Health and Wellbeing Coordinator. A car can be provided for travel.
The Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea (ISMAPNG) is a Religious Institute of Catholic women who advance the reign of God by engaging in the spiritual and corporal works of mercy. As women of mercy inspired by the gospel and their foundress, Catherine McAuley, their mission is to live hospitality, compassion and justice. Their ministries include health, aged care, education, social welfare, advocacy and environmental sustainability.
For further information or to request a copy of the Position Description, please contact Vivian Meloni at Complete Recruitment Matters on 0438 001 840 or simply click onto the apply now button to submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
ISMAPNG is committed to creating a culture of safety and respect for all, including prioritising the safety and best interests of all children and vulnerable adults with whom we have contact.
All staff are expected to take all reasonable steps to ensure the protection of children and vulnerable adults and to comply with our safeguarding policies and procedures, including responding to and reporting all suspicions and allegations of abuse.