Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Work in a vibrant Catholic, Marist community committed to our Faith
- Be part of a dynamic team that supports staff and student faith development
- Work directly with the Deputy Principal – Faith and Mission
- Full time, continuing opportunity working at our Bulleen campus
Marcellin College is an inclusive faith learning community where Jesus is known and loved. We ensure each young man learns in a safe and nurturing environment, and the dignity of all is respected. The College is committed to developing in our students the skills to be confident and creative learners in the world in which they live, for today and tomorrow.
About the role
- Providing practical support to the Ministry Team and supporting each team member with the efficient development, timely delivery and implementation of the College’s comprehensive religious programs
- Assisting the Ministry Team with the production of appropriate resources
- Arranging the appropriate set-up of the Champagnat Chapel, and resourcing the Sacristy and ensure that it is always a welcoming and well organised support for visiting Priests, staff, students and visitors
- Overseeing and organising fortnightly masses including the creation of the order of service
- Planning with and overseeing liturgical leaders such as Lectors, Special Ministers of Communion etc.
- Assisting with Reflection Days including liaison with external organisations
- Ensuring that all ministry publications, resources and documentation are in line with Marcellin Identity Style Guide specifications
- Ordering chapel supplies
- Processing invoices
- Creating and distributing excursion lists
- Administrating permission and medical information through Consent2Go
- Creating and following up Maintenance requests
- Booking facilities and services (such as accommodation, guides, transport, speakers, etc.)
- Setting up and maintaining of MyMC page areas pertaining to promotion and Ministry organisation
- Formulation of Ministry Calendars
- Processing RSVPs for relevant Ministry events including:
- Faith Celebrations
- Immersion Programs
- Immersion in Cambodia
- Solidarity Week
- Year 12 Seminar
- Reflection Days
- Game Changers
How to Apply
Obtain the Position Description from the website. Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description and outline how they would support the mission of the College. To apply for this role, click the ‘View Position Description and Apply’ buttons above or below.
Candidates must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position. For permanent/ continuing roles, applicants must have permanent work rights.
Marcellin is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Marcellin does not accept candidate applications submitted by external recruitment agencies through the Marcellin Job Board.
Applications close: 05-DEC-2022 at 9:00AM AUS Eastern Summer Time